Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my car tuned last summer and the tuner said he could not get my predator tuner to work with his dyno so he saved the custom tune on his computer. so now if the car needs to go back to stock tune I have to see him to reinstall custom tune.I remember him saying that he tried to update the tuner but that did not help.I read that the stock tune must be installed back into the car before updating the tuner. I think I figured out why he could not update the tuner and why he could not save custom tune from his dyno to the predator tuner .When I dropped off the car with the tuner all I gave him was the tuner, not the box it came in that has the 120volt power supply that needs to be plugged into the top of the tuner in order to update the tuner and install the custom tune on the tuner.Can somebody verify this for me before I call the tuning shop back .

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,019 Posts
Have you called the DiabloSport tech line? I've spoken with their techs twice, in the past year. Very helpful & professional.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
I saved my custom tune on my computer as a backup. It's also stored on my Predator. Never really had an issue with going back from the stock to custom tune. Not sure I understand what the issue is.

You need to download and install DS Downloader which is a software program that allows you to transfer tunes back and forth from the tuner to the computer and from the computer to the tuner. Perhaps he had an issue using that?

Otherwise all you need is that DS Downloader program, an A/C power connection for the Predator so you can turn it on while using your computer, and then a USB cord to connect the tuner to the computer. You should be able to transfer tune files then.

When I first bought my Predator I had to update it, but it was so long ago I can't remember the process. It was pretty straightforward though, just had to follow some instructions on Diablosport's website and then it worked just fine.

Hope some of that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts