• Yes, 2011-2014 model

Votes: 5 38.5%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you trade in or sell a Charger to get the Challenger?

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
I would never own a current Charger. Since the day they came out it was a nope. Didn't resemble the 70's Charger at all.

·
12,990 Posts
2X to that ^^^^^^^^^

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,437 Posts
3X to that !!!!!!!!!!

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,029 Posts
Traded in my 2008 Charger R/T (TorRed) for my 2010 Challenger R/T. Excellent car, drove great, and the color stood out. As others have previously posted, it had two too many doors. At the time, my wife had convinced me that the four door Charger was more practical (easier to have passengers ride in the back seat). Made sense at the time, right?-- :4-dontknow: Wrong!--:smiledown: After two years, the only passengers in the back seat were dust bunnies, that I vacuumed out once a week.---To this day, the dust bunnies have not had a problem getting into the back seat of my Challenger.--:naughty:

·
Registered
22,665 Posts
I went from vintage muscle cars to the modern Challengers.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,530 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had a Charger from the week I graduated High School, It was the coolest car I could afford to get me through college. I then met up with the other car guys of UWPlatteville and quickly learned v6 four-doors were far from what I was looking for. . .

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a 2010 Black Challenger SRT and was afraid to take it anywhere or use it I the rain. My wife was killing me about having a third car and never using it. It had 4500 miles on it when I traded it in for a Charger. What a mistake. Hated the Charger(sorry Charger guys) I felt like a State Trooper, no fun. Now I m driving 2014Chalenger 100th Anniversary 6sp and loving it. It has already see rain and I am not afraid to bring it anywhere. Challenger>Charger.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had a 2012 Charger SE. I talked myself out of the Challenger thinking I could use the extra space for passengers, and the better gas mileage. Then I kept seeing a Challenger roll by and I would gaze and day dream. Finally two years later I was tired of dreaming and got my Challenger RT. I still love the current generation Chargers. Beautiful machines imho. The Challenger just looks raw however.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Went from a dodge ram 1500 (Checkmate hauler), to a Lincoln MKZ to my Challenger. Wife said she is going to bury me in it! LOL! (probably won't be that long from now since I recently told her I wanted to put custom wheels, window tint, cat back exhaust, CAI, and engine bay upgrades into it still yet).

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
I traded an '06 Charger v6 to an '11 Challenger v6, to my current '14 R/T Challenger

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought my 2012 Charger as a good family car. Wasn't looking for the retro muscle car look. I was looking for a good sporty looking family car with great fuel mileage and the rear wheel drive was a bonus. I didn't care that the original wasn't a 4 door. I wasn't looking for an original. The car served its purpose very well until we didn't need it anymore. That's when I got the Challenger. Loving it so far.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Agree with Torque, started with 2007 Sublime Charger and loved that car. Was totaled in a rear ender and as my kids were out of school went for Challenger RT. I loved both cars, both have their +/-. I received more compliments on the Charger due to unique color. I'm lucky to have driven both. I wouldn't have a problem going back to the Charger either. To each his own.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts