Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what a beautiful weekend for some driving this was.

just finished some cruising around town and was making my way back to the lake when this twit pulls up beside me in his shiny new Mustang. We are side by side at the lights and he is revving the engine like crazy and I'm in full ignore mode. Light changes and he's gone and I just pull away like normal. As luck would have it, there we are, side by side at the next set and he's yelling profanities at me etc and once again the light goes and off he jumps and I just roll on as normal! We hit the last set of lights on the edge of town and there we are again and he throws out the straw the broke the camel's back....piece of shit Mopar he says and suddenly I'm interested! I look over and ask him if he's really sure and he's all fired up by now!

light goes green and before I know it, I'm doing about 150 in a 100 hundred zone and he's so far back I almost feel guilty for a second...almost. I let off and set the cruise for 115 and sure enough, he goes flying by a short while later with his finger out the window!

·
Dash Cam Guy
2,277 Posts
lol I had a similar encounter with a GT500 on my way to Moparpalooza on Saturday. I just let him carry on being an idiot knowing there would be cops everywhere.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Well Andy, at least you gave him a couple opportunities to come to his senses, too bad his foot over powered his brain! Probably went and annoyed a Prius after you just to feel better!

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
I had to check your location as I was immediately jealous that you had a speed limit of 100... then I realized it was KPH... Nice kill though!
Now that makes sense!

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Figures a Mustang owner couldn't even appreciate a good race. Sore looser, and I don;t mean just the race.

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I typically just leave them all on ignore...but sometimes you just have to give a little edumacation! I was quite pleased with my launch and control of power!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,445 Posts
what a beautiful weekend for some driving this was.

just finished some cruising around town and was making my way back to the lake when this twit pulls up beside me in his shiny new Mustang. We are side by side at the lights and he is revving the engine like crazy and I'm in full ignore mode. Light changes and he's gone and I just pull away like normal. As luck would have it, there we are, side by side at the next set and he's yelling profanities at me etc and once again the light goes and off he jumps and I just roll on as normal! We hit the last set of lights on the edge of town and there we are again and he throws out the straw the broke the camel's back....piece of shit Mopar he says and suddenly I'm interested! I look over and ask him if he's really sure and he's all fired up by now!

light goes green and before I know it, I'm doing about 150 in a 100 hundred zone and he's so far back I almost feel guilty for a second...almost. I let off and set the cruise for 115 and sure enough, he goes flying by a short while later with his finger out the window!
Wow Andy I totally freaked out for a moment until I realized it wasn't MPH! Still you ended up going pretty %^$# fast!! That fella was a total jerk, and didn't realize what SRT means! That finger stuff evidently crosses all borders. He just hated that he lost after so much taunting.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
That fella was a total jerk, and didn't realize what SRT means!
  • Street & Racing Technology
  • Strip, Road, Track
  • Smokin' Rear Tires
  • Sexy, & Ridiculously Terrifying
  • Strong Raging Titan

Pick your poison, but regardless that Mustang owner found out that day! :hah:

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
after his one finger salute on the way by after getting soundly pummeled, I wish it stood for....

Same Race Tomorrow!!!!

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
So, he challenges you, loses, and then gives you the finger, as if you insulted him? What, was he 16 years old? He certainly had the maturity of one.

·
12,990 Posts
I think the guy was just plain jealous because your driving a Challenger and he's not, too many of those guys think Challengers are an easy win in a drag race. I always ignore those type of idiots but sometimes I'm really tempted to show them that's not always the case.:D

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
What is it with Mustang GT drivers? It's like they all have something to prove!!

·
12,990 Posts
What is it with Mustang GT drivers? It's like they all have something to prove!!
Good question Susie, a lot of those guys tend to stay away from me at the track because this is what usually happens to them. :shrk:

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Good kill. Most of the time it's best to ignore folks like this. But this guy sounds like a real gem who needed to be schooled.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
it was his vulgar way of telling you that you and your dodge were number 1 in his book! :smileup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts