Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to technical forums and think they are really informative, educational and valuable to us Challenger owners. What I don't understand is why have 2 forums (Challenger Talk) that seem to cover the same type of subjects. Does one forum have a slightly different focus. I like them both but seems weird to jump to a different forum to ask the same question. Any clarification or insight?

·
Registered
145 Posts
From what I have seen, this forum is very supportive of each other and friendly. The other forums tend to have some tension and negativity towards each other sometimes. I believe this to be the major difference. As to why the name gets changed, who knows? Challengerforumz is wheres its at.

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
There are multiple forums for almost every subject out there - especially cars / trucks. I guess it comes down to which one fits your comfort zone the best. I 'troll' other forums every now & then just to see what's up but I always end up here for the Challenger. You're absolutely correct that the forums are a wealth of knowledge and can be a great learning resource. Take them at face value, cruise around and learn what you can from them!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your inputs. It sounds like checking out both sites for awhile is a good idea. I'm sure I will sense the difference and cooperation if there is any.

·
Registered
6 Posts
One difference is the "other forum" did not find it necessary to EDIT your text.

·
Longing for spring
2,215 Posts
This is the first (and only) Challenger-forum i have attended so i have no experience with others. What i do have experienced here is many warm welcomes as a newbee, a lot of very good advices, great & kind people whom are very friendly and admins that very polite and silent move my post to the right thread when i post them in the wrong place.

Also, they never bug me for "typos" when i try to express myself in english :smileup:

Therefore i consider this to be the best forum ever!!!

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I was a member of both for awhile. The Z always seems to have more participation of its members. There didn't seem to be as many technical questions being asked on the other forum and the answers didn't seem to flow. There was some infighting and it took awhile before it could be squelched. I mean everyone's entitled to their opinion but not at the expense of someone's dignity. Also the excitement of being a Challenger owner here on the Z is much more evident. Just my two cents. Enjoy the Journey! Lou.

Reactions: friendoffur

·
Registered
444 Posts
I agree, with everyone who posted so far, I check out both forums every now and again, but the "Z" as stated so eloguently is where its at!! I enjoy the respect that is given to each person on this site, as for the other site.........well it is what it is. Welome to the Z forum from Atlanta.........enjoy

·
Registered
575 Posts
One difference is the "other forum" did not find it necessary to EDIT your text.
Hey, look on the bright side; it could be worse. Rather than editing, they could delete your posts and sentence you to a lifetime ban. :3-smash:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Both have their good and bad. The other seems more active and yes, has more infighting.
As with anything on the internet, take any information with a grain of salt and research as much as you can for accuracy. Alot of what is posted is opinion and nothing more. :smileup:

·
12,989 Posts
IMO, The Z is the best one around with all the great people here, you need not go anywhere else.

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
IMO, the Z is more of a "club" type forum whereas the other forum is just well a ....forum.

:4-wavey:

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
i have looked at other challenger forums, Yes they are similar !
there are Pros & Cons to each, IM here to learn and ask a question when needed
i do like to do a poll now and then, just for fun, to see what gas, or radio you have/use !

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,433 Posts
I really couldn't think about getting on another forum. Too many great friends here, too much fun reading everyone's posts, ideas and helpful hints. Love this place!!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Started 3 years ago at the other Forum....after two weeks I came over here. There is no comparison....the "Z" is more of a camaraderie....I have friends here....members are extremely helpful and most important...very respectful.

·
Dash Cam Guy
2,277 Posts
I first got in to car forums about 11 years ago. The Z is easily the best. So many members with excellent technical knowledge, and enough diversity where you don't see the same mods done over and over and you get plenty of opinions on whatever the subject may be. It is a much more mature forum here than the others I have been a part of and the low tolerance of BS is nice. Definitely more of a family feel here and all of the members I have met in person are genuinely good people.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I didn't know there was another forum and now that I do it don't interest me, I'm happy here and don't think I could find more help and knowledge anywhere else.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts