Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Challenger suffered hail damage, and I was considering trading it after repairs are made. But in looking at the R/T with Scat Pack I noticed the 6.4L option (on some sites indicated) has only 385 HP compared to the 470+ hp for the SRT. I just am not sure its worth the price difference for the 10 hp. I can pick that up on a R/T with the 5.7L by adding a K&N filter and deleting the rear resonators...

I am not a road course racer, but thought the R/T with the 392 would more comparable with the 392 SRT....guess not.

What is your opinion, worth it or not?

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,516 Posts
Reactions: 2010CHALLENGER

·
Registered
22,658 Posts
Yep it's 485 HP not 385 HP, so you are picking up over 100 HP over a standard R/T and also getting Brembo brakes.

·
12,989 Posts
Agreed with the above stated,The stock 6.4 has 100 more HP than the stock 5.7.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Car and Driver has a review of the differences
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...-r-t-scat-pack-and-srt-392-first-drive-review

For $47,390, the SRT 392 model adds a “Viper-inspired” aluminum hood with a long center-mounted cold-air intake, 9.5-inch-wide Slingshot wheels, massive 15.4-inch front brake rotors with six-piston Brembos, leather seats, an 18-speaker Harman/Kardon audio system, and a one-day driver-training experience hosted by Dodge at select racetracks. The SRT model also features SRT Performance Pages, which not only display real-time vehicle data and ancillary gauges, but also allow the driver to choose different drive modes for the powertrain and chassis. Default, Sport, and Track modes are available to tailor steering effort, the new three-mode adaptive suspension, and the automatic transmission’s shift schedule; each parameter can also be adjusted individually. As before, there also is a full suite of timers to document your own hot-shoe heroics.

I believe the Performance Pages come with the R/T Scat Pack Shaker but you don't get the 3 mode suspension.

Reactions: 2010CHALLENGER
1 - 8 of 8 Posts