Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 challenger srt8 core with the factory alarm.

How can I disable the alarm ? sometimes we go out to eat and park on a street with a lot of motorcycles.
At these times, I want to disable it because the motorcycles set off the alarm. I just want to lock the car with the alarm disabled.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
The only thing that will set off the factory alarm is opening a door, hood, etc. Not vibration unless you have a loose switch or something.
Unless it changed in later years you can lock the car manually with the plunger on the door and the alarm will not be set.

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
8,093 Posts
The only thing that will set off the factory alarm is opening a door, hood, etc. Not vibration unless you have a loose switch or something.
Unless it changed in later years you can lock the car manually with the plunger on the door and the alarm will not be set.
Your right on a 14 it should not go of from a motorcycle going by.And the alarm will not set if you push the button down manually.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all. I am thinking it is an upgraded alarm system when I bought it new in 2014. Motorcycles actually do set it off. I have a keyfob/keyless entry. To get in, I hold the door handle and it unlocks by itself. when I park the car, I either press the button on the keyfob or press the button on the door handle to lock it. either way, the green light inside flashes, indicating the alarm is armed. still not sure how to lock the car and disable the alarm at the same time....

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
Not sure if '14s are the same as my '10.
When you use the electric door lock (push button on the armrest) to lock both the doors, the alarm will set.
If you then pull up the manual door lock on the driver's side, and then push it back down, it disables the alarm.
Close door and you should be set to go. Doors are locked and alarm isn't set.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. That gets me a lot further! what did not work was 1) door is open 2) press the keyfob to lock it 3) pull up the drivers plunger/push it down/ 4) close the door. it was still armed. what did work was simply pushing driver and passenger plunger down and closing the door. The trunk is still able to be opened, but at least I can park on that busy street and motorcycles will not set off the alarm. If I can find the final solution to not leaving the trunk unlocked.... ;) but I'm ok now until then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts