Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your story???

Here;s mine:
These two Mopars are my reason for the username I have: moparX2...

I got a 2007 Chrysler 300 Limited for the "Mrs" when I got out of the military in 2007, and she had it until 2012. I got her the same exact vehicle & color in 2012.

I was motivated to replace the 2012 Chrysler 300 "Limited" with a 2017, and did my research ONLY to find that Chrysler CHANGED the model line-up!!!
YES, they eliminated the "Base Model 300, and the "Touring Model 300"... NOW; the Chrylser 300 Limited is considered the BASE MODEL!!!

And, they have LESS amenities & accessories on the 300 Limited, BUT it cost MORE MONEY. My reason for buying the car in the first place was for the "Mrs", and because of the reasonable Gas Mileage and nice style of the vehicle. I went to 5 different Mopar Dealerships to arrange a deal for the exact vehicle I had, and they ALL wanted a ridiculous amount of money ($32k +).

The HORSEPOWER on my 2007 Chrysler 300 Limited with a V6 was around 260 horsepower, and my 2012 Chrysler 300 Limited with a V6, was 305 Hp (The "Beats" Stereo System), and the 2017 V6 has lost horsepower (a Dumbed-Down Stereo System with 6 Speakers) and is back down to 290 Hp (maybe).

After all my research I found a better deal that offered an unlikely surprise:
A "4 cylinder" with a Turbo that gets 28 to 30 MPG on the highway (21 in the City), 310 Horsepower, Sirius , Fog Lamps, Leather Seats (Heated & Ventilated), and more (for $27k, and cost less than the "gutted" Chrysler 300 Limited).

When I broadened my research; this is what I found for the "Mrs"...
So, "Don't get it twisted, it's just Business.

*** I still have my 2012 Chrysler 300 Limited (101,237 miles on it). moparX2

What's your story???

·
Business
20,915 Posts
I have a 2015 Challenger RT Plus sublime pearl. My wife in 2013 bought a 2012 Camaro LT. She drove that car 150,000. We had to replace the radiator, thermostat and I upgraded the break rotors and pads to R1 Concepts E line drilled and slotted. She recently traded it in after looking for the right deal for almost a year! She now has a 2017 Challenger SXT Pitch Black with Blacktop Package. Dealership had tinted the windows. I still need to get it in the garage and get it polished out. She is extremely happy with the New Challenger.
20170716_063737.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check this out. This is an Aweful-Lot of Looky-Loo's to this thread...

Replies: 2
Views: 183
Wow!!!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
52,011 Posts
Check this out. This is an Aweful-Lot of Looky-Loo's to this thread...

Replies: 2
Views: 183
Wow!!!
I am a car guy first and foremost with a love for Mopars sorry to disappoint anyone. I thought about a Mustang before I bought the Challenger. I am happy with the Challenger and glad I picked it. I guess when we bought the Charger I was pleasantly surprised with the price and really happy with mpg got 31mpg on a trip to Glendale to get the stripes put on and that was a week after we bought it not even broken in yet.

Reactions: moparX2

·
More Than Just A Car
20,502 Posts
My wife before buying her Jeep looked at getting a Mustang...in the end type Jeep won it because of our winters. She also said we already have a fun car ( the Challenger) in our case common sense won out, even though I would of supported whatever decision she made..if we lived where we had nicer weather the Mustang would be in our driveway right now not the Jeep.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well, I'm not sure which story to tell here as there are many. :)

I've owned more Mopars than any other brand because I like what they have to offer. When thinking about what to buy I will always look at what Mopar has to offer before considering other brands. The Challenger was a no-brainer, has the styling and the room. The Camaro is cramped and has horrible visibility, the Mustang is also cramped. I've got kids, I need to have a useable back seat.

My Challenger story is this...

My wife loved the look of the Challenger ever since they came out for 2008, in 2011 she commented that she'd love to have one but didn't think it would be practical, so we did a test. I told my wife we should see if everything would fit, so we took a new '11 on an extended test drive, brought it home and loaded up the trunk with all the kids' soccer stuff, chairs, cooler, etc. It all fit. She assumed it wouldn't and would just be a fun test drive, but then she was stuck with a real decision. Ended up trading her '08 Caravan for it and my first Challenger was first my wife's. :D A 2011 R/T Classic 6-speed in Green with Envy. After about a year she decided she really needed something with 4 doors to hustle the kids around. At the time, I was driving a 2007.5 Ram 3500 MegaCab. I liked the truck, but because it was the first year of the 6.7 Cummins in the Ram I started having issues with the turbo, no warranty, it was a pain to park, and we didn't have a travel trailer to tow anymore anyway. So, in 2012 we were looking at trading the Ram for a new Durango for her and I'd make the Challenger mine permanently. Our local Dodge dealer decided to turn into jerks, so we walked next door and took a look at a Honda Pilot. My wife fell in love with the Pilot and they were cheaper than the Durango we wanted while still being fully loaded (Both V6, AWD). While searching for a Pilot in the right color with the right options, I had a serious private buyer for my Ram so we ended up buying the Pilot and then a few days later we delivered the Ram to the new buyer about 1.5 hours away. Wife still has the Pilot and loves it, it has 95,000 miles on it now and only needed one warranty repair; One of the sun visors wouldn't stay flipped up. No other problems whatsoever, just regular maintenance, brakes, and tires.

In Nov 2014, I was on the tail end of a mountain cruise with my club when a bicyclist head of us swerved out into traffic, this caused the entire line of cars to come to a halt very quickly. I was the last car in line and just came to a stop when a distracted pregnant woman rear-ended me. She was going about 45mph and didn't even hit the brakes. Her Nissan didn't even have plates yet, still had paper plates and the temp registration in the window. The impact pushed me into the Challenger in front of me and my Challenger was totaled. :(

Since we were in the process of relocating from SoCal to Illinois (no snow to snow and cold), I decided that instead of a Challenger that I would get a 4-door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon instead. 2 months later I made the drive out to Illinois, 1.5 months after that my wife and kids made the move out to Illinois and we moved into our new house. 6 months after that I found myself not enjoying the Jeep anymore and missing having a Challenger, so in Sept of 2015 I placed an order for my '16 Scat Pack. As luck would have it, it ended up being built on my birthday. Pretty cool! Now I'm at 22k miles on it and still love it. :)

I keep telling my wife that she needs to trade in her Pilot and upgrade to a new Durango with a HEMI. We have a trailer again and her Pilot can't tow it, so we tow it with the '06 Grand Cherokee that we bought for our daughter to use as long as she's in school and getting good grades, she also has to pay for her own insurance and gas. Problem is, in a couple of years she'll be off to college so we won't have a tow vehicle anymore. I don't really have to worry about commuting in the snow, so I don't need a winter vehicle for myself.

However, since my daughter will be leaving for college in a couple of years and we need something that can tow the trailer, I'm going to be looking to add a truck back into the collection again but not until next year. This is another dilemma, what truck? It has to be a diesel, I love diesels. I was thinking a 2012+ Ram 2500 Crew Cab short bed 4x4. I know and love the Cummins and figure most of the bugs should've been sorted out by then.

I also really like the new GMC 2500 Denali HD trucks, but I just can't bring myself to own another GM vehicle. I had an '04 Silverado 2500HD with the LB7 Duramax and that was a money pit. I know the newer Duramaxes are much better, but I've never had good luck with any GM vehicle.

So, that's...one of my stories. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts