Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has managed to fit some Dixie Horns in a Challenger yet? I had the urge of the moment yesterday and bought a kit... then I looked into my hood and I'm not sure where the hell I'm going to fit them. If you guys have any ideas please let me know. I should be receiving the kit Friday.
Thanks
Russ

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T M6
143 Posts
I say go for it if that is what you want. Hopefully there are instructions that come with it.

Reactions: Russrob82

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, well I decided to install them for a little while just so I could troll my wife. They fit under the air filter box in the driver front fender. I wired them to the stock horn system so I didn't damage anything and I can always disconnect them when I'm ready.
Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Okay Russ, I know the answer will end up getting me in trouble, but how do you like them? What is the brand and price? Do they sound good, or kind of blah? Give those of us with a penchant for making bad decisions (and getting in trouble with our wife) a review please!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
SMH...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay Russ, I know the answer will end up getting me in trouble, but how do you like them? What is the brand and price? Do they sound good, or kind of blah? Give those of us with a penchant for making bad decisions (and getting in trouble with our wife) a review please!
I used these horns from amazon, The total amount only set me back around $50.00 and I was able to fit them in the driver side fender underneath the stock air box. I just ran the positive wire from the stock horn to the compressor so I can always return it to the original horn when I'm ready. The directions were pretty easy to follow and it only took me about 30 minutes. The sound quality is pretty good for the price I paid and they are pretty loud.

https://www.amazon.com/Dixie-Air-Horn-Dixieland-Premium/dp/B007MFZEXO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts