Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most warranties start to expire, every car I have owned, I always buy a manual i.e. Haynes, or Chilton. But so far I have not seen any. These cars have been in production since 08, you would think they would come out with something specific to the Challenger. I know they make one for the Charger, but some things are just specific for the Chally like, interior, body, etc. Has anyone seen one yet or know where to find one?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
You make a good point and I wish I had an idea why an aftermarket tech company hasn't written a manual for the Challengers. You can buy a digital copy of the service manual from Dodge as well as pay for an on-line access to the manual on a temp basis. A link is provided below. I'll just add I would rather have a hard copy any day over a CD version.

http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/manuals/

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with a hard copy, you can lay it on the fender for instant access, can't do that with online version, I know at least with me , I look at a diagram on line i.e. belt routing , and by the time I run outside to do put it on I forget what direction it needs to go, and having a laptop outside lying in the garage is for me a bad idea , I can see me breaking it somehow...

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
I agree with a hard copy, you can lay it on the fender for instant access, can't do that with online version, I know at least with me , I look at a diagram on line i.e. belt routing , and by the time I run outside to do put it on I forget what direction it needs to go, and having a laptop outside lying in the garage is for me a bad idea , I can see me breaking it somehow...
And that is why they make printers. print the page you need and take them to garage bench also no more worrying about dirty hand getting on pages :smileup:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Here is a single car version from a company that supplies repair shops in my area. If you transfer this to a USB drive or take a CD version to Staples or Office Depot they can convert it to a printed copy, provided it does not infringe on a copyright.

Last time they printed an unrelated manual for me it was $.05/page, collated and put into a binder of my choosing.

AllDataDIY.com‎

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
For me, I love the cd/PDF version. I have an inexpensive PC hooked up to an inexpensive 32" LCD TV in my garage. Pull up the PDF page and zoom in all you want, flip pages and there is your diagrams, illustrations etc. larger than any hard copy could ever be. I have a wireless mouse and use it right on the fender or hood of the car! In addition, if you have wifi you can pull up YouTube videos for how-to and watch them right there in you shop and man it sure makes jobs a breeze. Embrace the new technology and use it to your advantage. Not too mention you do not have to store those big old books anywhere! LOL

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I e-mailed Haynes to inquire if they had plans for a manual, They replied and basicly said that Producing a new manual is very costly and they don't even consider one until a car has a minimum production of something like 500,000 and then they still have to decide if it would be profitable to them. So in other words don't hold your breath.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.