Do Dealerships really care like we do?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger Dealer Issues' started by Mopar joe, May 11, 2016.

1. Mopar joe

Mopar joe Challenger R/T Classic Site Supporter Level 2 Photo Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Classic
    Color?:
    Granite Crystal
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    The first thing i saw was the torque box covers, i was pissed to say the least.. then i started looking around and found the link bolt about to fall out,i almost blew a gasket......

2. Mopar joe

Mopar joe Challenger R/T Classic Site Supporter Level 2 Photo Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Classic
    Color?:
    Granite Crystal
    Transmission?:
    Auto

I was so mad i went to the dealership the next day and the Service Manager was happy (trying to keep me quiet!! I was a little loud!!) to order the new covers and the winglet on the front fender that they left off when replacing my chin spoiler on the previous service,

Short list of dealership issues,,,,

1.It took dealership three times to properly align car

2. They replaced head unit 4 times with a rebuilt unit and each time i had additional problems without fixing initial problem. After many phone calls FCA said they would authorize a new one but the dealership would not put one in.
    Still have problems with head unit but will not let them work on it anymore.

3.The left off the front fender winglet on drivers side after replacing chin spoiler and service manager tries to blame me saying i probably ripped it off after repairs.

4. When replacing rear axles they left my Challenger sitting on a lift for an hour with the engine running and the stereo BLASTING,

5. After that they took it for a 45 minute test drive with the tech sleeping in the passenger seat with an apprentice tech driving. (Had camera in the car, put dash cam on back 1/4 glass facing forward)

6. gave me my car back OUT OF GAS and FILTHY, was totally detailed when brought to dealer

7. Due to the issues i have had they said they would comp an oil change and service the car while it was there and after i got it back i checked to see if it was completed and the oil was still dirty and the oil filter had not been changed. good thing it was comped.

8. when replacing axles they grind at the lower covers rather than removing for access and leave a CRITICAL SUSPENSION BOLT LOOSE...

There is actually more as this is just off the top of my head....

The removed the trans on my magnum, its going on the lift for inspection next!!

This Dealership is a JOKE, Anybody know a good lawyer??

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  3. nunya

nunya Jeff MOTM Winner! Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Go Mango
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    So I'm at work and my phones rings. It's Miller's Dodge where I took my Challenger over the weekend to get State Inspection. I got bored yesterday and filled out a survey. Well I skipped over the questions at did not apply to me. A lot of the questions was about service. So the guy asked me to answer the questions. I tell him the questions do not apply to me getting a State Inspection. So he just keeps saying that they need these questions answered. Finally I asked him what do you want me to do lie! He says well that would be helpful! I just hung up ain't dealing with that crap today! Bet I got a permanent mark against me at that dealership. LOL

Mopar joe, jklotz10 and Bee Keeper 16 like this.
  4. Bee Keeper 16

Bee Keeper 16 Knight of the black asphalt. Site Supporter Level 2 Site Supporter Level 1 Member Relations MOTM Winner! Public Safety

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack Shaker
    Color?:
    Plum Crazy
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    It really bothers me when a business asks me to fill out a survey and in order for them to get some kind of good credit I must rate them 9 or higher out of a possible 10. I noticed this first in dealers and now it is carrying over to other businesses. I never fill it out. Yep, "not dealing with that crap today". Even if the service is a 9 or 10 I don't like anyone telling me how to fill out the survey.

Caesar14, nunya and jklotz10 like this.
  5. DS12

DS12 New Member

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Shaker Edition
    Color?:
    Granite Crystal
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    I live in Deer Park Texas and the service department was so bad and they damaged my car three times, we had to agree on a deal for a new one. Anyone in the Houston Texas are have a good service department I can go to?

6. Caesar14

Caesar14 Member

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Bright White
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    I had body work done on my car. Went to pick it up and its dirty to dirty to even check paint job quality. Missed dent that adjuster pics highlighted. Guess where I left it .!!? Just rinsed and wiped off. I be damned if they get paid. Not till I approve.

Its funny. Salesman was trying his best to sell me a 2016 Hellcat (40 miles , $63k ). Said " It's the end of the month. I can get you a good deal if you trade your R/T ! " I told him " Your body shop lost y'all my business."

UP3985 and BeastieOwner like this.
  7. Caesar14

Caesar14 Member

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Bright White
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    I think a lot of dealerships suffer from bad employees, and management that doesn't stress " quality assurance ." I am currently dealing with this type of issue dealing with my car. But, I think that many dealerships that are " high volume sellers " , seem to have bad service departments.

8. Caesar14

Caesar14 Member

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Bright White
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    Opened a complaint with FCA. This dealership has lost my business.

9. Caesar14

Caesar14 Member

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Bright White
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    Hey Bee Keeper ! Read your post about filling out survey, and totally agree. I am going to fill the survey out. I will use all of my public education knowledge to express my true feelings of the poor service that has been given to me. I'll take additional paper to completely convey my " customer opinion " section.

Does anyone know of any email addresses that we can direct our dissatisfaction with service to ? Hell, I'll hand write one , in cursive and ink , and sign my birth name on it ! If people can flood companies that have offending adds ,and get results for possible loss of future revenue, why can't we ?

Bee Keeper 16 and Mopar joe like this.
  10. Rugman

Rugman New Member

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SRT-8
    Color?:
    Bright Silver
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    Second that !

Mopar joe likes this.
  11. BeastieOwner

BeastieOwner Member

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger SRT
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SRT-8
    Color?:
    Redline Red
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    I agree, But, if you get hold of the Sales Director and speak to him and the Service Manager in conference, as I have found out, service is forthcoming .. My question to them is:- would you put your mother or wife in this vehicle with the workmanship your company has offered me’?

Caesar14 and Bee Keeper 16 like this.
  12. Caesar14

Caesar14 Member

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Bright White
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    " Give unto Caesar what Caesar is due ". Well, Caesar14 ain't gettin' his due. Car has been getting rack and pinion replace for over a week. Covered by warranty. Didn't ask for a loaner . Told me mine should be ready tomorrow. My daily driver no started today. Asked for a loaner. Was told none available till tomorrow. While renting a car to get to work, dealer shuttle van comes to pickup a guy and drops off a lady. Lady is getting warranty work ! SOB's didn't try to appease me at all with a one day rental loaner.
    Disrespected to say the least. A starched shirt wearing a tie is due to " hear the words that are coming out my mouth !"