Dodge Challenger Forum banner

stripes or no stripes?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so now that i have everyone wondering what I'm talking about i need help! you all know what my car looks like, a few weeks ago i had posted a pic of my car on Facebook and i got 1 negative comment. someone said the car looks too busy. it didn't bother me cause it was someone's opinion but it did make me start wondering how the car would look if i removed the classic RT side stripes? i think i have made my decision but i would like peoples opinions!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Man do it how you like it. At the end of the day that is all that matters. That 1 person may just be an a-hole.

Leave as is :smileup: I like it.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man do it how you like it. At the end of the day that is all that matters. That 1 person may just be an a-hole.

Leave as is :smileup: I like it.
thanks for the compliment . i didn't think the guy was an Ahole. he just stated his opinion. my wife told me not to go naked :hah: .

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
In all honesty Steve, I'd get rid of the R/T stripe as long as you have the BumbleBee stripe. I also think it looks kind of busy, but that's just my opinion. At the end of the day you have one bad ass car no matter what stripes are on it (unless the stripes make it faster, then add some more LOL). It yours man, do it how you like it!

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
I agree, if you have the butt stripe, do away with the side stripe, but I don't think it looks bad either way.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In all honesty Steve, I'd get rid of the R/T stripe as long as you have the BumbleBee stripe. I also think it looks kind of busy, but that's just my opinion. At the end of the day you have one bad ass car no matter what stripes are on it (unless the stripes make it faster, then add some more LOL). It yours man, do it how you like it!
here is a man that i consider a friend and he was 100% honest with me ! I'm not saying the other members aren't honest cause I'm sure they are ! Jon gave me his honest opinion and I'm very thankful for that! but what you trying to say Jon? that i don't have good taste? :box:

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,402 Posts
Steve,
I don't think it is a matter of bad taste, just personal preference. When I bought my car, I had the R/T stripes deleted. I like a simple classic look. If you go and look at Dan's B5 blue, you can maybe get a comparison of how it would look with the stripes removed. Would be great to photoshop out the stripes to see how it would look. Good luck!

·
"Gin'iro Ryuujin"
2,355 Posts
I have been naked since I bought the car:Wow1:. I'm like Betty; I prefer a clean simple look. But it is your car. The only one it has to please is you.

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
here is a man that i consider a friend and he was 100% honest with me ! I'm not saying the other members aren't honest cause I'm sure they are ! Jon gave me his honest opinion and I'm very thankful for that! but what you trying to say Jon? that i don't have good taste? :box:
Well Steve, now that you mention it....your taste has gotten better since I talked you out of trading in your Challenger to get a new car for each you and your wife.....
I just couldn't see you in a Chevy Volt...I don't know how your wife would have liked the Nissan Versa though.....:4-wavey:LOL

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well Steve, now that you mention it....your taste has gotten better since I talked you out of trading in your Challenger to get a new car for each you and your wife.....
I just couldn't see you in a Chevy Volt...I don't know how your wife would have liked the Nissan Versa though.....:4-wavey:LOL
chevy volt? thems fightin words!!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Personally I am not a fan of side stripes. Mine came with the dual side stripes and had them removed. All I kept was the matte black Y on the hood. I like the clean look MUCH better, very elegant appearance. But, in the end if you like the look, stay with it, your preference.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Steve,

My suggestion. Pretend you have made a decision (e.g., going naked). Tell yourself that is your decision and then sleep on it for 24 hours. Next day, reverse your decision and then sleep on it for 24 hours more. Then check which night had you sleeping better and on which morning you felt more comfortable with your "decision".

I know it sounds odd but most of the time your subconscious and your body will send you signals about which one you are really leaning towards. That may not be "head smacker" signals but you will likely notice a difference in your level of relaxation.

If nothing else, it'll make your wife wonder what you are up to now....(smile)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
man all that matters is you love it. Me I am more of a keep it the way it came but thats me. drive the car how you want its yours not one paid for it but you.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
If you're taking about your car.....keep it they way it is! It's hot, it's sexy, it's badass....not another one like it on the planet. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Shoot, I liked mine with stripes and without. If you do pull them off at least you can replace them at a reasonable cost.

·
Registered
145 Posts
First off, your car is badass. I do kind of see what they were talking about when they made that comment. Usually you see a challenger with either the side stripes, or the bee stripe on the back end. This is my opinion, and probably not worth anything but here goes. With you having those beautiful black tires with the yellow letters, the black of the window tint, and the stripe in back, I think you could lose the side stripes and it would be a little more clean. That said, you never really see challengers with both, so it makes it kind of unique. At the end of day, she's your baby to do with what you want. Either way, she will look great.

·
Premium Member
18,429 Posts
I would remove them to give your car a different look.Between the hood, bee stripe and the other exterior mods,the car would still look bada$$.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts