Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Do you like the new grille on the 2015 Challenger?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Longing for spring
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the first things you will notice on the new 2015 Challenger is the switch from the 1970-design on the grille to the 1971-design. How do you like it?

·
Registered
640 Posts
I like all the small changes they have made to the car..For just that reason. The changes have been small. I hope as long as the Challenger is kept around that they continue to only make small adjustments here and there.

I am sure Charger owners/fans are less pleased with the new look to Charger (I don't think it looks all that bad) but I can see where fans of the car are not happy with the direction it is going.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,432 Posts
I wasn't too sure at first, but now I think it is okay. I actually like both designs, no big preference of one over the other.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,649 Posts
It looks fine, I still prefer the 70 look over the 71. I do think they refreshed it well.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
I liked the 71 version of the grille for the 2015 Challenger from the moment I first saw it!

As a side note I think they did a great job on the appearance and upgrades for the 2015 as well!

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
change was needed and they did it... the refresh fits the car...

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,963 Posts
While I like both for the respective years they represent, I like the fact that the designers continued to take cues from the 1970's era Challengers. I wouldn't change mine for the new grill (or taillights) nor would I change to the earlier style if I were in the market for a new Challenger.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
I like the 1970 version of the Challenger. I also like and APPRECIATE the 1971 version.

Please keep in mind that the Original Challenger lifespan was from 1970 to 1974, and the Grill & Tail Panel "CHANGED" each year.

I give absolutely NO CREDIT to the designers.
I ONLY give credit to whomever it was that made the decision to continue the Challenger and the various CLASSIC cues to elongate it's existence (by refreshing it with the ORIGINAL grill & tail panels of the 70's).

Just look at HOW LONG they extended the ONE YEAR model (1970); for SEVEN YEARS!!!
That is Phenominal...
Now imagine if the 1971 version runs for 2 to at least 3 years. Then; they might stop production, or extend the 71' version (or CHANGE to the 1972 version for a few more years)...

Who knows what Fiat might do??? What the heck do they know about Muscle Cars and what we really like... When is the last time you saw a Fiat on a regular basis in your town???

Whether we like or dislike; appreciate or not appreciate the New Grill & Tail Panel, we have been blessed with a vehicle that has not depreciated in value (by much).

Let's celebrate that new change, and not mourn the loss of what we know/knew.

Enjoy the RIDE...

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
Either grille design works for me as the differences are minor.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I like the 1970 grille and the 1971 tail lights
However, I like the 1970 tail lights as well.

Okay, come to think of it I like the 1971 grille and tail lights, but not enough to go out of my way and change what I already have.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Grille is fine, don't like the taillights....also don't care for the hood on the hellcat

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I love it, I like the change they did witht he front and back of the car makes it look better. I would trade my 11 RT for it, but I have too much love and time with it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Doesnt look bad, i just like the 70 styling better...happy i got 14. On a side note, i do not like the design of the new dash and console.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I agree with those who say the car was in need of an update. I saw a 1970 RT and a 1974 Ralley this past weekend at a car show. The guy with the 74 was the original owner. The rear ends were completely different and I have to say I prefer the 1970 model.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Saw the 2015 at the dealership when I bought my 2014. Talk about tempting!! Too good of deal on the 2014 and sticker price on the 2015 was a little too high. But the 2015 is just hot. Fine looking car.

·
Registered
196 Posts
to answer the question about the grille?.....its not bad, but I would like the scat pack appearance so it would be black versus the chrome/silver

1 - 20 of 29 Posts