Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed my 2021 1320's Performance Page gauges (specifically the ones I have full-time display: water temp, oil temp, IAT, but not the oil pressure) are freezing up on a regular basis, in addition to the Performance Page itself taking for-ev-er to actually load. Killing the app and restarting it doesn't help the issue, either.

I traditionally monitor the gauges of my cars regularly, but it's hit the Why bother? point now w /the 1320. I haven't talked to a dealer about it, yet. Thx

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
My performance page Has always taken a long time to load.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
293 Posts
Yes, mine freezes up every time, takes a very long time to load, doesn't automatically come up when I start the car. Very Frustrating. It didn't do that before they did the download last year. Arrgh! I can't believe they haven't fixed it yet either. 😡

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought my car in December 2021 and it was built in October 2021. My car has under 5K miles on it... and IIRC the problem didn't start until I had it in for it's first oil change at the dealership about 2 months ago. Might they have done some type of update besides the simple "change oil & filter" for which the car was dropped off? Hmmm...

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
2,916 Posts
I've noticed my 2021 1320's Performance Page gauges (specifically the ones I have full-time display: water temp, oil temp, IAT, but not the oil pressure) are freezing up on a regular basis, in addition to the Performance Page itself taking for-ev-er to actually load. Killing the app and restarting it doesn't help the issue, either.

I traditionally monitor the gauges of my cars regularly, but it's hit the Why bother? point now w /the 1320. I haven't talked to a dealer about it, yet. Thx
My 2020 Scat Pack started manifesting slow PP load times. Sometimes PP would load almost before I had the car pulled from the garage. Other times it would take minutes of driving.

And less often some of the displayed data would "freeze". Yet if I called the data up to view it on the dash -- between the speedo and tach -- the data was updating.

When I first got the car -- Nov 2020 -- it was quite ok with sitting unused for some time. Good thing as it spent some considerable days in the garage when the weather was bad.

But as the car got older -- but not necessarily with that many more miles (I put on average about 440 miles per month on the car) -- the slow to load PP and the frozen/stale data display behavior appeared.

I "fixed" this by driving the car more. Using a battery tender was not an option for me. With more use PP loaded more consistently and no more frozen/stale data.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Just an observation... My Challenger's Performance Pages & my Grand Cherokee's Off-Road pages take less time to load the longer the vehicle has been running. This is particularly frustrating when I want to look at the gauges (OP's objective) right after starting the car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FWIW, my car usually gets driven a couple of times a week. Also, the issue doesn't resolve itself during longer drives; once it's happened, even killing the system and/or stopping & restarting the engine doesn't change the behavior.

The timing of it is "highly suspicious" that it never happened until it went back to the dealer w/ about 3500 miles on it for its first oil & filter change. The car's gone to the track a lot already, so I figured "change early and change often" would be a reasonable safeguard.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I had a problem while on a road trip a few months back. Performance Pages wouldn't load at all. Power cycle / restarting did not solve the problem. We had a stop for about 30 minutes. I went to the electrical gauge on my main display and put the car in "Ship Mode". This shuts everything down, including door locks. I took out the physical key, locked the car, and we went about our business. Upon returning the Performance Pages operated like normal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts