Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm new here so I'm going to ask a lot of questions, so I apologize ahead of time.

To start off with I was wondering if anyone has special ordered a Challenger before from the dealership. I am wanting to get a black AWD GT with a red leather interior. I have looked around but I am only able to find black GT's with the Alcantara interior. So I was wondering what the process was when it came down to financing and the time it took to get the car. I was also wondering that if you special order a car if you are still able to negotiate on the price, and if so when? Would you do it before or after the car arrived?

I was also wondering if anyone had a Challenger GT, and lives where it snows. I live in Colorado and is why I am looking at getting a GT over something else that has the V8. I was wondering how it does in the snow, the maintenance cost, any reliability issues, and the ride quality. I have only driven one on a slightly bumpy but dry road. So how does it do in the snow and rain as well as any other poor weather?

Lastly, I was curious if anyone had a RIPP supercharger and had the same questions for that as I do for the base car. Such as maintenance, reliability, and performance that comes along with it.

After I get the car I will make sure to post the progress and steps I plan on taking with the car, there is a lot and hopefully, the forum will be accepting of my noobiness.
Many Thanks-
Trevor Katomski

·
Registered
58 Posts
I did not special order mine so I can't help you there - I was able to negotiate on my car even though they did not have one in stock and would need to get it from another dealer two states away. As as far a handling in the rain and snow it is excellent choice for a daily driver. The ride quality is excellent in my humble opinion - a little heavy in sharp turns at speed but that's the way I like it! The Uconnect radio freezes up every once in a blue moon but otherwise absolutely no reliability issues in the 13 months I have owned it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did not buy my metallic black 15' Sxt plus new (used @ 19K) but has been my daily driver these past 3 years! During the Chicago winters, i make sure to add a bag of salt and a small shovel in case i get stuck. (only once after starting it after coming back from a small trip.) It handles incredibly well even under heavy snow or rain fall just gotta drive smarter around the corners and increase breaking distance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts