Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a sad case of irony, the Challenger outsold both the Mustang and Camaro in it's next to last production year before it is killed off.

· Registered
2011 SXT Pw7 Bright White Challenger
5,058 Posts
Tim K is a corp rear smoocher. He is a total idiot and cares less as long as he gets his pay from Stellantis.
His speech No one Wants a Car... Really then what was making the most cash for Dodge? Challenger, Charger...
Also his knowledge of Dodge history and not knowing a Charger from a Challenger etc., shows hes just a spokes person
with no vision nor creativity.

A CEO for a Company needs to know the Product needs to understand what has been successful and failed.
How ever the only Success they are going to get is Failure. Look how botched this last year of MFG is being done
for the Challengers and Chargers.

They cant even maintain their website.

· Registered
2013 PlumCrazy R/T
1,991 Posts
Never understood why everyone thinks thjis is so great. Few years ago Mustangs were everywhere. Now its the Challenger. I would much rather have a car that not everyone has.

· Premium Member
1,285 Posts
Corporate suicide. They simply don't know their customers and they are too afraid of standing up for common sense. Dodge positioned itself as the performance brand. Then they didn't realize that performance minded folks just will not be seen dead in an EV with baseball card in the spokes imitation sounds. At first a few rich kids will get one for the novelty. But soon after they will move on as they always do and Dodge will find its loyal customers have evaporated. They will have to rely on Mom and Pop generic driver to buy their ICE Hornet out of a sea of generic SUVs. Good luck with production numbers on that.

· Premium Member
1,285 Posts
Never understood why everyone thinks thjis is so great. Few years ago Mustangs were everywhere. Now its the Challenger. I would much rather have a car that not everyone has.
I look at it from another viewpoint. I'd rather see more of the best looking body style when I'm driving and fewer generic or outright ugly cars.

· Registered
302 Posts

· Premium Member
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is that because other models weren't selling very well?
The Mustang was close at 55,060 (Challenger) vs 47,566 (Mustang). The Camaro has been in freefall for years (and for good reason IMO) and only sold 24,652 or less than 1/2 of Challengers sold.

Reactions: MommaBetty

· Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
60,849 Posts

· Premium Member
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

· Registered
13,098 Posts
It's not that surprising really. GM does basically nothing to promote the Camaro. It's been dying a slow death for years. The Mustang is cool, but I think a lot of Mustang fans were turned off by the redesign in 2015. Meanwhile, Dodge has been promoting their muscle car image non-stop for the past 7-8 years. Not to mention, the Challenger is both the best looking and most practical vehicle of the three (I may be slightly biased).

I work for Stellantis and recently attended a meeting where one of the higher ups at Dodge had a presentation for us. They basically showed how they are going to transition over from gas powered to electric muscle cars. It seems like they've done their research and that they know what they're doing on paper, but from my own personal perspective I think it's the wrong direction.

One thing that was promising is they discussed how they were tired of people saying "Teslas are faster"..."that Tesla beat that Scat Pack or Hellcat", etc. The guy basically alluded that the new electric muscle car they are going to be producing soon will be faster than the quick Teslas and also cost a fraction of a Tesla, all while looking a lot better than a Tesla. Basically they had their eye on Tesla and want to smoke them.

I hope they have the electric muscle car available for lease through our employee program so I can try one out without committing to it. I'm assuming they're going to be really fast. But it just won't be the same without the engine/exhaust sounds of ICE. Time will tell how this electric crap works out I guess.

· Premium Member
1,285 Posts
It's not that surprising really. GM does basically nothing to promote the Camaro. It's been dying a slow death for years. The Mustang is cool, but I think a lot of Mustang fans were turned off by the redesign in 2015. Meanwhile, Dodge has been promoting their muscle car image non-stop for the past 7-8 years. Not to mention, the Challenger is both the best looking and most practical vehicle of the three (I may be slightly biased).

I work for Stellantis and recently attended a meeting where one of the higher ups at Dodge had a presentation for us. They basically showed how they are going to transition over from gas powered to electric muscle cars. It seems like they've done their research and that they know what they're doing on paper, but from my own personal perspective I think it's the wrong direction.

One thing that was promising is they discussed how they were tired of people saying "Teslas are faster"..."that Tesla beat that Scat Pack or Hellcat", etc. The guy basically alluded that the new electric muscle car they are going to be producing soon will be faster than the quick Teslas and also cost a fraction of a Tesla, all while looking a lot better than a Tesla. Basically they had their eye on Tesla and want to smoke them.

I hope they have the electric muscle car available for lease through our employee program so I can try one out without committing to it. I'm assuming they're going to be really fast. But it just won't be the same without the engine/exhaust sounds of ICE. Time will tell how this electric crap works out I guess.
Are they going to make them burn down into a lump of molten metal like Tesla's too? It's insane for them to compare an EV with an ICE car. It's like comparing a locomotive to a 747. All I know is I will no longer be a Dodge customer. It was a good run though. I paid them for six units in 12 years.

· Premium Member
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, I don't care how fast they make one. I'll walk before I buy one.

Reactions: mjb4450
1 - 16 of 16 Posts