Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The challenger hasn’t seen a significant redesign since 2008 and It got a refresh for 2015. Earlier I read few articules that a new Challenger would arrive for 2023; which no means that current model will disappear. A publication alleges Dodge is considering building the current- and next-generation Challenger models together, if only for a few months, at the Brampton Assembly Plant in Ontario, Canada. The Challenger has been out for a decade, and it’s only getting more popular. Even though Chrysler hasn’t fully redesigned the Challenger, they’ve kept it tremendously modern with many technology updates. They’re also releasing new versions, continually keeping buyers coming back with more power, new models and special versions like the Hellcat, the Redeye, and the Demon. Why to change something almost perfect?

So, will we see a refresh soon?
Thoughts

·
Registered
279 Posts
I think the styling will stay familiar with the new car but they will make it lighter for sure using new materials in the chassis and probably more aluminum in the body and such, the tech in the car is fine but there are things they will want to add on a new car plus we will start seeing hybrids for sure if not the new 6 cylinder turbo that has been rumored, hopefully they keep the car the same size though and keep that muscle car feel rather than trying to go track car like the mustang and camaro have. I would also bet they will be releasing some sort of mid size car of some sort based off of the alfa platform to go along side the challenger and charger.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,641 Posts
The Challenger's sustainability is its faithful design adherence to the 2nd generation of Challengers when Dodge first rolled out the prototypes 14 years ago. Even the refresh in 2015 stuck with the refresh Dodge applied in the early 70's. The nostalgia design concept was successfully implemented by VW when they resurrected the Bug 20 years ago, and was soon followed by Ford with their retro-designed Mustang in 2006. Dodge and Chevrolet (Camaro) saw a good thing and knew they could make sales from the same target group - middle-aged men comfortably settled in life and seeming flush with cash to buy some memories.

I don't know if Dodge wants to mess with the design that has been so successful for them. I think it's plausible that FCA might retire the Challenger altogether and replace it with the long rumored retro-Cuda on a smaller platform with a twin turbocharged 4 or 6 cylinder engine. The original target market is now in retirement age and saving more conservatively for their golden years. The next generation of target buyers, Generation X and Y, grew up with smaller engined vehicles and may be more receptive to performance cars with forced-induction, small-engine powerplants.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know if Dodge wants to mess with the design that has been so successful for them. I think it's plausible that FCA might retire the Challenger altogether and replace it with the long rumored retro-Cuda on a smaller platform with a twin turbocharged 4 or 6 cylinder engine. The original target market is now in retirement age and saving more conservatively for their golden years. The next generation of target buyers, Generation X and Y, grew up with smaller engined vehicles and may be more receptive to performance cars with forced-induction, small-engine powerplants.
[/QUOTE]

So, will they move the V8 engines from the market?
I think they could introduce new models, like Daytona, 50th Anniversary, to get more attention.
Names for those new models: Challenger Thor (fully electric), Challenger Turbine (turbo engine 4 Cyl) 🤣😉😁
There is a lot of people from all generations that would keep buying a 6.2L V8 Supercharged.

When do you think they will refresh the Hellcat?

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,641 Posts
That seems to be the popular speculation ever since Fiat merged with Chrysler a few years ago. The next gen Challenger or Cuda or what ever they come up with in the next few years supposedly will be based on some Alfa-Romeo platform code-named Giulia or something like that.

·
Registered
279 Posts
That seems to be the popular speculation ever since Fiat merged with Chrysler a few years ago. The next gen Challenger or Cuda or what ever they come up with in the next few years supposedly will be based on some Alfa-Romeo platform code-named Giulia or something like that.
Giulia platform would make it a way smaller car but yes will most likely be a modified alfa platform of some sort, the v8 though i think will stick around, fiat bought chrysler in 2009 and since then we have gotten some pretty crazy v8 engines so no reason to think they would ditch them all of a sudden but most likely will be phased out eventually

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
I think they could introduce new models, like Daytona, 50th Anniversary, to get more attention.
Names for those new models: Challenger Thor (fully electric), Challenger Turbine (turbo engine 4 Cyl) 🤣😉😁
There is a lot of people from all generations that would keep buying a 6.2L V8 Supercharged.

[/QUOTE]
An excellent point about the target age group. Yes, we are getting older. I'm turning 58 and my wife just turned 62. I shake my head in disbelief everytime I mention our ages. Where does the time go? However, we just bought two more Challengers. The average age is still in the low 50's for Challenger buyers. Many people still like the sound only a V8 can give. I would agree that the younger generation will be much more receptive to smaller engines having grown up with them.

·
Registered
279 Posts
An excellent point about the target age group. Yes, we are getting older. I'm turning 58 and my wife just turned 62. I shake my head in disbelief everytime I mention our ages. Where does the time go? However, we just bought two more Challengers. The average age is still in the low 50's for Challenger buyers. Many people still like the sound only a V8 can give. I would agree that the younger generation will be much more receptive to smaller engines having grown up with them.
[/QUOTE]
I think the average age is what it is not because the younger generation wants different engines and whatnot i think it's more of a cost thing than anything, not only with the cost of the car but with what someone younger is going to get charged for insurance on a car like a v8 challenger

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
I think the average age is what it is not because the younger generation wants different engines and whatnot i think it's more of a cost thing than anything, not only with the cost of the car but with what someone younger is going to get charged for insurance on a car like a v8 challenger
[/QUOTE]
Choice of words is a little confusing, but I think you're saying the target age is higher because of associated costs with a Challenger? If so, I agree. The younger crowd has a tougher time affording the insurance on higher and more expensive cars. One of the things we older folk are thankful for.

Reactions: Thegreekmason

·
Registered
279 Posts
Choice of words is a little confusing, but I think you're saying the target age is higher because of associated costs with a Challenger? If so, I agree. The younger crowd has a tougher time affording the insurance on higher and more expensive cars. One of the things we older folk are thankful for.
[/QUOTE]
Exactly, also as you get older you tend to make more and have more disposable income and such to purchase the expensive car, i got mine last year finally at 40 years of age after pining for one since i was at the dealer and they came out, here the insurance isn't an issue as we have public car insurance but the cost of buying it was, average new scat pack is 60k here

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
we are getting older? damn! also, the posts are correct in the fact that we, as the consumers, are getting older and are, mostly, the only ones who can afford them and the insurance that goes with owning them. but, that is true with pretty much all brands of performance cars, rich kids are not included in this.

Reactions: Go Mango RT Classic

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

[/QUOTE]

I'm 35 in I can tell you that I love to ear a V8 engine, the sound is unique. Sorry for 4cyl or 6cyl lovers, or turbocharger fans.
I can't imagine a life without V8 engine. If Challenger would come out with a V12 version, I'd be happier.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts

I'm 35 in I can tell you that I love to ear a V8 engine, the sound is unique. Sorry for 4cyl or 6cyl lovers, or turbocharger fans.
I can't imagine a life without V8 engine. If Challenger would come out with a V12 version, I'd be happier.
[/QUOTE]
I had my first Hemi in 2009. At that time my Son was 16 and he loved it then as he does now.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,735 Posts
The Challenger's sustainability is its faithful design adherence to the 2nd generation of Challengers when Dodge first rolled out the prototypes 14 years ago. Even the refresh in 2015 stuck with the refresh Dodge applied in the early 70's. The nostalgia design concept was successfully implemented by VW when they resurrected the Bug 20 years ago, and was soon followed by Ford with their retro-designed Mustang in 2006. Dodge and Chevrolet (Camaro) saw a good thing and knew they could make sales from the same target group - middle-aged men comfortably settled in life and seeming flush with cash to buy some memories.

Okay John, I "resemble" that remark! "they could make sales from the same target group - middle-aged MEN comfortably settled in life and seeming flush with cash to buy some memories."

LOL!!

Reactions: farmer52

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Bring back the ORIGINAL Challenger R/T with big block (440+6 preferred) and pistol grip shifter (with OD), solid rear axle, and 15" Rallye wheels. Also an ORIGINAL T/A.

·
Registered
292 Posts
A Porsche looks like a Porsche starting back in 1965 with the 912...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A Porsche looks like a Porsche starting back in 1965 with the 912...
That's right! Why does a Dodge Challenger need to be redesigned?
I don't get it why some people are asking changes? Maybe few in technologies and little on interior material quality. That's it!
The Dodge Challenger Hellcat can live for 20 years more, they just need to improve more and more in power, like they are doing until now.
Long live the Hellcat! 😋😎😏

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
That's right! Why does a Dodge Challenger need to be redesigned?
I don't get it why some people are asking changes? Maybe few in technologies and little on interior material quality. That's it!
The Dodge Challenger Hellcat can live for 20 years more, they just need to improve more and more in power, like they are doing until now.
Long live the Hellcat! 😋😎😏
Agreed. Keep the car basically the same. Upgrade the materials in the interior is all they need to do. Obviously, they have a winner on their hands. They have done great upgrades to the interior layout since the car out in 2008. The front and rear fascias have also been improved in aesthetics.

Reactions: Yosvaldy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Thanks to all of you for participating here and I have the last question:
Base on the current situation (COVID-19) and additional information you may have, do you think the Dodge Challenger Hellcat will be modified for 2021 (External changes or interior design) or it is just speculations? :rolleyes:

Why am I asking? Because I want to buy a Redeye but I would like to save more money just in case, for a better downpayment and lower the monthly payments, but I wouldn't want to wait until 2021 and Dodge come out with a new design exterior or interior that I don't like it. I pretend to get it as a Lease, then I will buy it if all goes well with it.

Also, do you think after this "Covid-19" crisis, the dealers and brands will low the prices?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts