Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone recently purchased this ? Just curious what you paid and what you got, I see it says it has a lifetime plan available but my problem is the longest I've kept a car is 4 years so I didn't go with any plan from the dealer but Dodge sent me a letter with this info and I'm thinking I may keep this car a little longer. Thoughts, suggestions ?

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
We bought the lifetime and purchased through the website, paid the one time price after we bought the car. It was right around $2500. We plan on keeping the car forever basically and have put 11k miles in seven months. So for us, it WILL pay for itself eventually.

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
HEMI METAL is right buy it from ZeigleR !!! its a real mopar warranty, just wholesale price
I did buy the lifetime MAX care !! 3k for it, 50 deductable !

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
The MaxCare seems to be the way to go IMO IF you are keeping the car long term. I do not have a deductible if I remember correctly. However, I am not 100% sure on that...

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
...my problem is the longest I've kept a car is 4 years so I didn't go with any plan from the dealer but Dodge sent me a letter with this info and I'm thinking I may keep this car a little longer. Thoughts, suggestions ?
A lot of us are planning to keep the car for a lifetime. I have owned several Hondas in my life, all of which I bought new. I owned one for 11 years and another for 17 years, so a lifetime warranty is something I'm eyeballing for the Challenger.

One thing to consider, though. A lifetime warranty is NON-transferable. An important consideration if you sell your Challenger later. The other non-lifetime warranties are transferable. Best to click on the details link for each plan and read the limitations.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
A lot of us are planning to keep the car for a lifetime. I have owned several Hondas in my life, all of which I bought new. I owned one for 11 years and another for 17 years, so a lifetime warranty is something I'm eyeballing for the Challenger.

One thing to consider, though. A lifetime warranty is NON-transferable. An important consideration if you sell your Challenger later. The other non-lifetime warranties are transferable. Best to click on the details link for each plan and read the limitations.
Well, actually, if you click on the weblink and follow through and go along through all the info it does actually state that the MaxCare lifetime IS transferable to a new owner. Thus "making selling the car more attractive to a potential new buyer"...

Sitting here I double checked and this is who I purchased mine through and I did in fact opt for the $100 deductible and my purchase price was $2320 for the MaxCare Lifetime option...

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,683 Posts
Well, actually, if you click on the weblink and follow through and go along through all the info it does actually state that the MaxCare lifetime IS transferable to a new owner. Thus "making selling the car more attractive to a potential new buyer"...

Sitting here I double checked and this is who I purchased mine through and I did in fact opt for the $100 deductible and my purchase price was $2320 for the MaxCare Lifetime option...
Here is the copy I'm looking at:

http://www.factoryplans.com/assets/cms/files/5100_Lifetime_Maximum_Care.pdf

On the first page, last paragraph (it's easy to miss the tiny print at the bottom):

TRANSFER POLICY
A service contract can make your vehicle more valuable and easier to sell. Remaining Plan coverage may be transferred
to the subsequent purchaser of the vehicle at the time of vehicle sale
(Lifetime plans are not transferable except in the state of
Florida [$40 transfer fee] and North Carolina [$50 transfer fee]).

Floridians and North Carolinians, you're good to go!

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
Lifetime plans are not transferable except in the state of
Florida [$40 transfer fee] and North Carolina [$50 transfer fee]).
ASK YOUR DEALER FOR DEALER

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dodge has a 5 year protection plan . If you don't plan on keeping the car til death due you part why get it ?
If I'm not mistaken it's 5 years on the powertrain and 3/36 on the bumper to bumper. I'm kind of torn here because I feel like I want this car to be around for the rest of my life but I'm sure I felt that way on my last few vehicles lol.
I know if that lifetime plans covers everything that is a very good deal for $2300.00 I also know I don't have that extra $2300.00 just laying around either lol. Oh my what to do what to do :4-dontknow:

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,683 Posts
If I'm not mistaken it's 5 years on the powertrain and 3/36 on the bumper to bumper. I'm kind of torn here because I feel like I want this car to be around for the rest of my life but I'm sure I felt that way on my last few vehicles lol.
I know if that lifetime plans covers everything that is a very good deal for $2300.00 I also know I don't have that extra $2300.00 just laying around either lol. Oh my what to do what to do :4-dontknow:
The website allows you to make payments over one year. You don't have to make a decision immediately. As long as you Challenger is still under factory warranty, you can buy the extended plan.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Hi, when i bought mine, i paid a few for bucks and got the Gold plan, 7 years/115000 km. SO i should be covered until December 2017. So far so good,i went for a total inspection at my dealer last Thursday, everything looks like new under the car, no bushing/joint to replace.I guess i will see when the warranty will come near the end.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Has anyone recently purchased this ? Just curious what you paid and what you got, I see it says it has a lifetime plan available but my problem is the longest I've kept a car is 4 years so I didn't go with any plan from the dealer but Dodge sent me a letter with this info and I'm thinking I may keep this car a little longer. Thoughts, suggestions ?
Extended plan is nothing more the the dealer sucking more money out of you.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Like I said my previous post these extended warranties are what dealers get. They already got their dealer fees added to the price of the car, why give them more of your money?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK I almost went for the lifetime policy for $2315.00 w/100.00 deductible then I said no the 7/70 plan should be good then suddenly I remembered something on my Geico policy about mechanical breakdown, so I look my policy up online I see what it says then I call Geico just to be sure. Here's the deal, I pay $20.00 every 6 months and it covers everything except maint/wear & tear just like the Chrysler policy up to 7 years 100,00 miles the only difference is the deductible is $250.00 and if several items need repair at the same time the $250.00 covers everything in that visit. So IMA just save my money for more mods lol.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I had a dealer in my area match the price from the place that HemiMetal posted ..no problem. I got the middle plan; covers over 850 parts and labor with 100 deductable. Paid 1700 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I was offered this and many offers. All for the dealer to pocket more money from you, is what it boils down to. I have plans to Mod my car. When my powertrain warranty expires, I will have a 410 stroker or crate 426 Hemi in my car with a 3 year powertrain warranty from the installer.

Those of you keeping your car stock and having it for a long time, then Chrysler life time warranty is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
OK I almost went for the lifetime policy for $2315.00 w/100.00 deductible then I said no the 7/70 plan should be good then suddenly I remembered something on my Geico policy about mechanical breakdown, so I look my policy up online I see what it says then I call Geico just to be sure. Here's the deal, I pay $20.00 every 6 months and it covers everything except maint/wear & tear just like the Chrysler policy up to 7 years 100,00 miles the only difference is the deductible is $250.00 and if several items need repair at the same time the $250.00 covers everything in that visit. So IMA just save my money for more mods lol.
Geico? lol PM me about that insurance. Got some things to say about them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts