Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The 2014 Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker special edition appears to be facing strong demand.

Chrysler has announced that it exhausted its entire 2014 production run within just four days, as dealers quickly ordered all 2,000 available vehicles.

The Shaker model features an engine-mounted hood scoop that directs cold air onto the 5.7-liter HEMI V8. Designed as a throwback to the popular hood option on the 1970 Challenger R/T, the black-satin scoop moves with the powertrain.

"Based on this strong initial demand, it's clear that our customers are excited about the return of the legendary Shaker model, which was engineered for enthusiasts who asked for even more attitude and a dose of muscle car heritage," said Dodge president Tim Kuniskis.

Appearance is further distinguished by new 20-inch five-spoke wheels, Shaker badges under the hood and flanking the scoop on the topside, and roof and deck-lid stripe graphics. The package also features a full set of R/T upgrades including the Super Track Pak, with improved steering hardware, shocks, brakes and tires.

On the inside, the standard steering wheel has been swapped for a three-spoke flat-bottom tiller and an aluminum pistol-grip shifter is attached to the six-speed manual gearbox, though a five-speed automatic is also available as an option.

The Challenger R/T Shakers are beginning to arrive at dealerships, with prices starting at $36,995 and six different liveries.

~Justin King, LeftLaneNews (myclassicgarage.com)

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dealers are going to get full retail +. They will play the Shakers up as instant classics - and they will be!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Weird./.....says they sold out in 4 days....but I ordered mine on Jan 31....19 days "after they sold out".....hmmm

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah...

The article states that Dodge announced they sold out in 4 days, but it doesn't say when those four days ran. So it's possible that Dodge sold out within 4 days in January and has only now made the announcement. Why they would do that is beyond me, but I would guess that maybe they were trying to judge demand so they could set production numbers for the 2015 run. After all, if they announced that all 2000 shakers were sold in four days, then nobody would order them afterwards and Dodge wouldn't be able to gauge the demand. Kind of sneaky, but Dodge wouldn't be the first business to be guilty of that.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Had they offered these cars in Hemi Orange and or Sublime Green, we would have bought one regardless of dealer premiums. When the official announcement first came out we went to our dealer that same day and began following the process etc. Once official word came down that neither of the two colors we wanted would be available, we bailed. Now we will wait and see what MY15 brings. We were thinking Scat Pack III but again, Hemi Orange or Sublime, B5 Blue would be the only other possibility. Why it is they can't make all of these colors available is beyond me...

·
Registered
239 Posts
my dealer told me last week that dealers got first dabs they ordered theirs the day they could order and waited to long in the day and was told u most likely will not get them snooz u lose

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
I would like to think that Dodge would run another production batch based on the high demand. Just hopin' really.

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Weird./.....says they sold out in 4 days....but I ordered mine on Jan 31....19 days "after they sold out".....hmmm
What that refers too is all Orders allowed they withhold some just for Customer orders all Dealership orders have been fulfilled.

Sorry guys I'm calling BS on the 4 day thing. Ordered mine Feb 12th and they wasn't sold out then.
A good place for you to start http://www.challengerforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4
and http://www.challengerforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
29,024 Posts
When I "ordered" my B5 back in 2009, the dealer already had the vehicle on order. There were long lead times for these cars back then and the car was in "C" status. With my deposit, he was able to attach my name to the order and it became my order, complete with my name on the window sticker, as if I had ordered it from day 1.

It seems that there are details missing from the article that would clarify the proper interpretation of the info given. We seem to be allowing semantics to get in the way of a good discussion. However I think we can all agree that this edition will be near non-negotiable on price and a hot commodity for dealers that have them on order.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
However I think we can all agree that this edition will be near non-negotiable on price and a hot commodity for dealers that have them on order.
This is one Challenger I wouldn't mind paying full price though really!

I especially dig the color matched grill surround and the Challenger script :smileup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.