Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys know I just came from Camaro ownership, I just got my 2014 R/T and I put in the usual mods, listed in my signature,
Question, wiill my ECM learn that my car is running better than stock and I am diving the piss out of it and scale things back?
Do you pull number two fuse to reset?
Can you pull number two with Diablo tune loaded?

I've got the car singing a happy tune, I don't want it cutting off the fun

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T Auto
37,937 Posts
It does have adaptive learning based on the way you drive. You can pull the fuse with the tune in it, may want to do it monthly to help keep it fresh.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I gotta do the hopnot kit, this ass end has more movement in the rear than a Jennifer Lopez concert

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Joe, that's what I heard, that's not good, I think a monthly fuse pull is going to be standard practice
This is certainly a negative against the dodge product,

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Pulling the fuse never seemed to help my car for more than a day or two. Its my understanding the adaptavies only affect part throttle performance, not full throttle.

·
Challenger Old Guy...
6,527 Posts
Time to read a little on the technical aspects....

You guys know I just came from Camaro ownership, I just got my 2014 R/T and I put in the usual mods, listed in my signature,
Question, wiill my ECM learn that my car is running better than stock and I am diving the piss out of it and scale things back?
Do you pull number two fuse to reset?
Can you pull number two with Diablo tune loaded?

I've got the car singing a happy tune, I don't want it cutting off the fun
Mrchen;

The Chrysler/Dodge NGC (Next Generation Controller) is far more sofisticated
than a standard GM ECM. It is very different than the MASS AIR type of
fuel calibration as Dodge uses SPEED DENSITY calibrations. The link below
will get you to a site that explains these differences in much detail.

As to understanding what is happening when you clear your LT (Long Term) fuel adativies;

[FONT=&quot]Pulling Fuse F2 resets;[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

- All PCM DTC's erased.
- All OBD2 monitor results erased.
- All "long term fuel trim adaptive" values reset to Zero.[/FONT]

If you have not reset your NGC (PCM's) fuel adaptive's lately, that might be a good
and quick thing to do. This tip below has a wealth of info on what this does exactly as well.
Technically it has nothing to do with the popular clearing out of "Grandma" style driving habits.
This is a popular myth.

Top Challenger Tips'n Tricks #39 Resetting NGC (PCM) Driver Fuel Adaptive’s

Reactions: jklotz10

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks latenite, I don't really like what I learned, I am a very granny driver, until its time to get nasty, I guess a regular clearing is in order

·
Challenger Old Guy...
6,527 Posts
Learning the new Dodge Challenger

Thanks latenite, I don't really like what I learned, I am a very granny driver, until its time to get nasty, I guess a regular clearing is in order
Information is not knowledge, but the key to understanding.

The Dodge Challenger is quite sophisticated and has many complex systems
built into it. It is definitely a multitude of levels far more complex than your
fathers Challenger.

:eek:ld:

·
Dash Cam Guy
2,277 Posts
GM cars can run without a MAF. They also have volumetric efficiency tables within the PCM. The MAF is mainly for fine tuning. The first step in tuning a GM product is a VE tune in which you unplug the MAF sensor. I assume the off the shelf products like HP Tuners have done that with any canned tunes they provide.

http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_editor_tuning_how_to_advanced_ve.htm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.