Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have been a member for nearly 2 years. During that time I have received tremendous enjoyment and more benefit from my association than I could ever have imagined at the outset. I have tried to be a good forum citizen and pay it forward - by helping new folks with suggestions, sharing experiences, promoting fellowship, and sharing funny stories/humor. And at times you have been patient with me when I get on a rant - 'preciate that!

However, it dawned on me I have been missing an opportunity to help the forum itself. So today I corrected that by signing up as a site supporter with my first year's subscription. I want to play my part in helping cover the costs of running this most EXCELLENT Site!

I post this thread not to seek recognition, rather as public contrition for delaying so long to do what I should have done long ago. So please forgive my oversight. I realize I have been delinquent and I intend to atone for that.

So for those of you who are like me, dont be like me! If you get a tremendous value out of this forum, but are not yet a supporting member - Step up to the plate and join me in supporting this site!

So here is my challenge: For the first 10 folks who read this and sign on as new site supporters, post a reply on this thread and I will commit to doing 3 things for you - 1) Issuing reps for your commitment, 2) When I see you in person at a future forum event, I will buy you first round of your favorite beverage, and 3) If you live in or near my area, I will donate an hour of my time helping you turn a wrench for your next mod project (probably more than an hour 'cause I love to do that kind of thing!).

I think that's a good way for me to give something back to a community that has taken me in with open arms and made me feel more at home with my Mopar passions than any other on-line community I have been a part of. Thanks and have a great Challenger Day!

Andres

For more info check out the following links!

http://www.challengerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=4848

http://www.gigathreads.com/Forum_Membership_Hierarchy.html

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Joe - it really wasnt expected nor necessary, but I do appreciate just the same!

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts
That is very Generous of you, Andres! And on behalf of the ChallengerForumZ Staff, Thank You!

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is very Generous of you, Andres! And on behalf of the ChallengerForumZ Staff, Thank You!
Dan - thanks, but I dont look at it as being generous, rather its honoring an obligation to pay it forward. There was another thread the other day I was reading about service. And while I do community service in other capacities with other groups, it struck me that the Forum is a community as well - just because its mostly on-line doesnt make it any less so than a local brick and mortar. Especially when it becomes real flesh and blood (and oil) when I meet folks or go out on charity rides. So it got me to pause and ask myself what I am I doing to serve this community?

So in comparison to all you and your senior forum brethern do, my part is just a drop in the bucket :) . And besides, what a great way to meet people by offering to pay for a beer and turn a wrench with them!

P.S. - I'll even buy you one - lol!!!

Reactions: dodge boy

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hello all,

I have been a member for nearly 2 years. During that time I have received tremendous enjoyment and more benefit from my association than I could ever have imagined at the outset. I have tried to be a good forum citizen and pay it forward - by helping new folks with suggestions, sharing experiences, promoting fellowship, and sharing funny stories/humor. And at times you have been patient with me when I get on a rant - 'preciate that!

However, it dawned on me I have been missing an opportunity to help the forum itself. So today I corrected that by signing up as a site supporter with my first year's subscription. I want to play my part in helping cover the costs of running this most EXCELLENT Site!

I post this thread not to seek recognition, rather as public contrition for delaying so long to do what I should have done long ago. So please forgive my oversight. I realize I have been delinquent and I intend to atone for that.

So for those of you who are like me, dont be like me! If you get a tremendous value out of this forum, but are not yet a supporting member - Step up to the plate and join me in supporting this site!

So here is my challenge: For the first 10 folks who read this and sign on as new site supporters, post a reply on this thread and I will commit to doing 3 things for you - 1) Issuing reps for your commitment, 2) When I see you in person at a future forum event, I will buy you first round of your favorite beverage, and 3) If you live in or near my area, I will donate an hour of my time helping you turn a wrench for your next mod project (probably more than an hour 'cause I love to do that kind of thing!).

I think that's a good way for me to give something back to a community that has taken me in with open arms and made me feel more at home with my Mopar passions than any other on-line community I have been a part of. Thanks and have a great Challenger Day!

Andres

I applaud your post,While I have only been a member for a short time,I have enjoyed reading and posting on different subjects..I was a crazed car guy when I was in my teens,Had models of every car they had out there,Then I found race horses and sadly watch:smileup:ed and lost track of the ways cars were changeing and all the different brands,I joined a horseracing site and have been a member there since 2004 and enjoy that also..Nothing makes my blood boil faster then a nice car,a fast horse and my beautiful wife who has worked along side of me for the last 20 years..I just by chance found this site while trying to do some research on the Challenger I was about to buy..I logged on here and really like it so far..Brings me back to my youth...Anything that can do that is well worth investing in..I did and Im here to stay..

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I applaud your post,While I have only been a member for a short time,I have enjoyed reading and posting on different subjects..I was a crazed car guy when I was in my teens,Had models of every car they had out there,Then I found race horses and sadly watch:smileup:ed and lost track of the ways cars were changeing and all the different brands,I joined a horseracing site and have been a member there since 2004 and enjoy that also..Nothing makes my blood boil faster then a nice car,a fast horse and my beautiful wife who has worked along side of me for the last 20 years..I just by chance found this site while trying to do some research on the Challenger I was about to buy..I logged on here and really like it so far..Brings me back to my youth...Anything that can do that is well worth investing in..I did and Im here to stay..
Awesome - thanks for the site support. I see in your profile you are south florida. Any chance you are near Miami? I have relatives down that way and we are planning a get together next CHristmas holiday. If you are nearby would love to meet and buy you a beer!

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat, 6 Speed Manual
1,103 Posts
Hello all,

Andres

Thank you for the motivation, as I have know done this. Just kind of spaced it out. You don't need to buy me a beverage however, as I am long ways a way ;)

:rep:

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you for the motivation, as I have know done this. Just kind of spaced it out. You don't need to buy me a beverage however, as I am long ways a way ;)

:rep:

One never knows!! If you ever do a serious Challenger cruize it just might happen! I am think of getting a few folks down my way together and heading north this summer. DId some Virginia and Tennesee cruises last year. Midwest is probably a few years a way for me :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Awesome - thanks for the site support. I see in your profile you are south florida. Any chance you are near Miami? I have relatives down that way and we are planning a get together next CHristmas holiday. If you are nearby would love to meet and buy you a beer!

I am in Hollywood right off of 95..Love to meet some folks and oggle at each others Challengers

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
this is an awesome thread Andres...good on you man!

the fact that this place has so many supporters just screams how awesome this place is.

If I can find the time to make it happen....I'd love to take a Challenger cruise and see how many members I could map and visit along the way!!!

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
this is an awesome thread Andres...good on you man!

the fact that this place has so many supporters just screams how awesome this place is.

If I can find the time to make it happen....I'd love to take a Challenger cruise and see how many members I could map and visit along the way!!!

Its an idea thats rolling around in my head - kind of like a route 66 thing, ya know? Plan a multi-state, multi-day cruize, with folks meeting up, going along for a while and then dropping off, with a core group going the whole way. As each way point was hit they could hook up with the next set of locals and travel for a while. All while the core group does a week long road trip. Like for example a north to south from key west to the tip of Maine.... Lots of other variations on that theme across the country... Not sure how to pull it off, but it would be a blast!

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
Its an idea thats rolling around in my head - kind of like a route 66 thing, ya know? Plan a multi-state, multi-day cruize, with folks meeting up, going along for a while and then dropping off, with a core group going the whole way. As each way point was hit they could hook up with the next set of locals and travel for a while. All while the core group does a week long road trip. Like for example a north to south from key west to the tip of Maine.... Lots of other variations on that theme across the country... Not sure how to pull it off, but it would be a blast!

that would be awesome actually. I've done something similar on motorcycles. Group of 10 of us left from northern Alberta and we collected and dropped people along the way. We went west to Vancouver Island and then south through Washington, Idaho and Montana before heading back home.

·
Now that was dumb!
6,029 Posts
Good post, nice thoughts.

Reps your way.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.