Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I'm new to this forum. I had bought this 2012 sxt with only 18,000 miles on it last year. It's been in an accident before but has been pretty reliable for the most. Well unfortunately one of the patches the person did had to be the door jam area on the drivers side 😕 the door closes decent, you have to slam it just a little but it's not that serious. The door stays "ajar" though with sucks. If you manually turn the latch it turns off with out it being closed of course, it's just the way the is now unless I go ham on repatching stuff.

I think it's in its best interest to have this door ajar switch bypassed, with only 30k on it now it still has plenty of life, but it'll never be the same. Does anyone know what wires I'll need to splice and/or ground to just hack the sensor? It won't be missed and the switch isn't timing out anymore and its been killing my battery. I have the light manually turned off but the mileage display stays on now for some reason :(

Please let me know if anyone has any insight. This car has been my favorite in a while and it not working correctly is killing my motivation. :( even though it's a v6 I want to mess with the exhaust next. Thank you all in advance!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts