Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some members may remember when I asked about the 5 characters listed after the MDH info on the door tag.
Well after some time Dodge contacted me and said, "According to available information, the 027AB number referenced in your
email should be the last 5 characters of the PCM part number for this
vehicle at the time of manufacture." His words.
OK. Now I had to take a second and ask what does 'PCM' mean? The answer to that after some waiting is, "PCM = Powertrain Control Module." Again, his words.
If I recall correctly only one member's number was a match to the one found on my door(?).
I guess, unless I want to ask if the number changes according to some plan, I will guess the number changes according to some plan...
Enjoy the Journey. Lou.

Reactions: Dodgeguy

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,754 Posts
Some members may remember when I asked about the 5 characters listed after the MDH info on the door tag.
Well after some time Dodge contacted me and said, "According to available information, the 027AB number referenced in your
email should be the last 5 characters of the PCM part number for this
vehicle at the time of manufacture." His words.
OK. Now I had to take a second and ask what does 'PCM' mean? The answer to that after some waiting is, "PCM = Powertrain Control Module." Again, his words.
If I recall correctly only one member's number was a match to the one found on my door(?).
I guess, unless I want to ask if the number changes according to some plan, I will guess the number changes according to some plan...
Enjoy the Journey. Lou.
Well you did a good job and part#s frequently end in ab, aa etc.:smileup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts