Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
A small mod that any Challenger owner would immediately notice though! Pretty cool.

I love the stock ones however, how they basically completely disappear when locked. These don't look like they go all the way down, or they snap or screw on to the stock ones?

Anyway, they are really neat.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I removed the stock ones, they basically screw off. My stock ones didn't really disappear when locked but were certainly lower profile.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat, 6 Speed Manual
1,103 Posts
Guy on FB makes them... small mod but I like it.

Can you indulge a little more, who sells, different colors available, does the door still lock and go all the way down?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,149 Posts
If I were a car thief, I would love those new buttons. It's real easy to pop them up with that massive nail-head on them! I could quickly empty the contents of the car.

-John

·
Registered
575 Posts
If I were a car thief, I would love those new buttons. It's real easy to pop them up with that massive nail-head on them! I could quickly empty the contents of the car.

-John
I was thinking the same thing, especially since we have frameless windows.

·
Premium Member
4,149 Posts
Isn't pushing the unlock button just about as easy?
NO... because at least on my Challenger, the key fob must be present or the vehicle turned to ACC or IGN to operate the unlock button.
I just went out and tried it with the fob far away from the car and the unlock button won't work.

-John

·
Registered
43 Posts
l like em! :smileup:

Reactions: jkelly16

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NO... because at least on my Challenger, the key fob must be present or the vehicle turned to ACC or IGN to operate the unlock button.
I just went out and tried it with the fob far away from the car and the unlock button won't work.

-John
Mine isn't a proximity keyfob. Not sure I did a good test, but sure looks like I am vulnerable to just pressing the button.

Windows rolled down ( instead of bending my window back).
Car locked.
Keyfob in my house.
Button unlocks/locks doors just fine although Window up/down doesn't work without a keyfob in at least the ACC position.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts