Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 392 Challenger that has 465 to the wheel and brand new nitto infos 275 in rear manual tranny. I ran the car about 20 times not hot lapping the best i could get was a 12.9 @ 111mph. My reaction time was between .2-.4 all the time. I did everything I could think of most of the time traction control was completely off my best time was with traction control partially off. This was in VA at 60 degree. What is going on? What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for not replying to my question. Completely off subject. I have full headers without cats, full cat back, cold air intake, and a throttle body. 93 octane tune. Are you happy now?

·
12,990 Posts
If your 60 FT. time was 2.82 it sounds like you have a major traction problem, with a set of Drag Radials you should easily get 1.80 to 1.90 60 Ft times which would cut your 1/4 mile E.T. way down.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
drag radials would be great and all but i want to know what my stock tires are getting. The goodyear f1 supercar tires are crap and the stock challenger do 12.6-12.8 manual. I got Nitto Invo's 275, 20 times down the track, different ways every time and nothing! just a 12.9 best. WTH.

·
Registered
22,665 Posts
^^^ Your 60' time is way off, you should be getting around 1.8 or 1.9 with a good launch.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess doing it 20 times, 4 burn outs and new 275 rear tires failed me each time. I launched anywhere from 1.3k-3.0k. idk maybe it was the track or the invo's are not meant for racing.

·
Registered
22,665 Posts
How hard do you get on it on the launch? If you are going to run street tires try leaving the traction control on then just rolling into the throttle, leave as hard as you can without spinning the tires. When I ran my R/T with street tires (and no posi) that is how I got my best times. After a few launches you will sort of develop a sixth sense for how hard you can get on it and not spin.

·
Registered
22,665 Posts
I guess doing it 20 times, 4 burn outs and new 275 rear tires failed me each time. I launched anywhere from 1.3k-3.0k. idk maybe it was the track or the invo's are not meant for racing.
You should skip the burnout box completely if you are running street tires, at most maybe do a quick spin on the dry pavement to just clean them off. Otherwise you will be dragging water with you in your treads which will kill your run.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
your right i did, seem like 1.5-2k rpm was my best traction, i dont just dump the clutch and go. I find the sweet spot right before the car starts moving foward and ease just fast enough off it and lay into the throttle just fine at the same time. My tire pressure for the rear was 33psi each. ya maybe i should use traction control, everyone was telling to completely take it off. I did my best time with it partially on.

·
12,990 Posts
You might want to try dropping the pressure down on those rear tires too, like stated above the water box is not good for street tires.Launching a 6 speed is never easy, its a lot of trial and error.

·
Dash Cam Guy
2,277 Posts
60 time was 2.82
That is a pretty terrible 60ft and I know all about that. I had similar trouble at the track on Saturday. Worst I had was 2.7 when I spun through 1st and 2nd gear. Best I could manage in 5 runs was 2.1. Definitely drop the psi in the rear tires to like 25 and roll easy into the throttle. You will be low 12's in no time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts