Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met up with Dodgeboy (Alan) on Saturday for a little tune and test at Beaver Springs Dragway in PA. With a bit less than 2,000 miles now showing on my SRT Core I figured it was time to put on the drag radials and give it some exercise. I had it at the track a few weeks back but just ran it on street tires and could tell there was a good bit to be gained, as I was in serious need of some traction.

I ended up with a PB of 12.399 @ 111.60 mph for the day while dodgeboy's super charged R/T was running strong low 12's all day. My brother was along and he filmed some of the races, so I figured I'd share a few with the rest of the class.

This first run is of me racing an import, he got the jump on me but I caught him on the big end.

http://youtu.be/Z06nYvHKl4o

Alan took on some classic Mopar muscle when he ran this Dodge Charger, the Charger got off to a great start but Alan reeled him in and beat him to the finish.

http://youtu.be/D_xSrK4yvT0

This diesel truck put down a major smoke screen but was taken out easily by the power of the 392 :smileup:.

http://youtu.be/g_NsVrWEtwo

Alan puts the hammer to this Nova drag car :3-smash:.

http://youtu.be/27OOrPUgFmg

Overall it was a good day for team Mopar. :smileup:

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In the pits.

Alan's maggie (Magnuson supercharger) looking good.

Reactions: MIDNITE RT

·
12,990 Posts
It was a great day Jon, I'm really glad I came. Your brother took some great videos, I love the one of the burnout you did against the truck. That burnout in 2nd gear really did the trick for you and I see some more new P.B.s for you in the future. Congrats on the new P.B.

·
Premium Member
18,521 Posts
Congrats on your PB and thanks for sharing the videos. Always entertaining !

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
That was COOL! I owe you reps for three awesome videos. :smileup:

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,476 Posts
Wow! What fun to go to the drag races on a Sunday morning in my kitchen! Thanks for all the videos! You guys were smokin'!! BTW Jon, I can see why you have '70 in your forum name. In the race with the truck that '70's disco was playing in the background. Ha!

Alan, great to see that beautiful supercharger in action!!!

·
12,990 Posts
Wow! What fun to go to the drag races on a Sunday morning in my kitchen! Thanks for all the videos! You guys were smokin'!! BTW Jon, I can see why you have '70 in your forum name. In the race with the truck that '70's disco was playing in the background. Ha!

Thanks Betty, Jon and I raced at the end and it would have been a great neck and neck race but my foot slipped
off the brake and I ended up fouling badly, it was embarrassing. LOL.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,476 Posts
Thanks Betty, Jon and I raced at the end and it would have been a great neck and neck race but my foot slipped
off the brake and I ended up fouling badly, it was embarrassing. LOL.
Hey, no problem! Things just happen sometimes. You guys will just have to try that again! I would definitely like to see a video of that. Good excuse to meet up and try again.

·
12,990 Posts
I took this picture of Jon staging after one of his smokey burnouts . :smileup:

Reactions: 70barcuda

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was a great day Jon, I'm really glad I came. Your brother took some great videos, I love the one of the burnout you did against the truck. That burnout in 2nd gear really did the trick for you and I see some more new P.B.s for you in the future. Congrats on the new P.B.
Yep despite looking like it might rain it turned out to be a great day weather wise and for racing. I had a great time too and I think I can squeeze a bit more out of that car, these Hemi's usually get faster once they get some mileage on them.

Congrats on your PB and thanks for sharing the videos. Always entertaining !
Thanks, glad you enjoyed them. :smileup:

That was COOL! I owe you reps for three awesome videos. :smileup:
Thank you, I always enjoy a good drag racing video too.

They seem to play a lot of music from the 60's and 70's there, not sure what all the kids with the imports think of that music, they probably think it's from ancient history LOL.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Alan and Jon - Reps to both of you!!! Thanks for sharing the videos and the stories!

·
12,990 Posts
Same here Great job ! What tires are you using on the track ?
Both of us are using M & H Race master 275/50/17 drag radials.

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
Awesome guys!!!! :smileup: Wish I was there! :wavey:

·
12,990 Posts

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
While they would probably work ok, the M&H's look to be a bit cheaper and have a smaller overall diameter which although not much should work to your advantage. http://www.mandhtires.com/M-H-Drag-Radials/275-50R17

I'm no tire expert by a long shot, but either one should get the job done.
Yes, I know what you are saying But I also have the 3:92 that came with the 6speed so They would probably work better for me than you two :4-dontknow: again no tire expert here and no complaints against M&H they make a great tire also.

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, I know what you are saying But I also have the 3:92 that came with the 6speed so They would probably work better for me than you two :4-dontknow: again no tire expert here and no complaints against M&H they make a great tire also.
Well I think your car will really benefit from a set of drag radials as those six speeds are much harder to launch than the auto's, let us know how they work when you get them. :smileup:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts