Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,396 Posts
That's awesome MommaBetty, very cool to have in you're backyard. I may have to take a trip that way in the near future to check it out. I love his collection.

I know I sure wish we had brown grass to look at like out by you. Sioux Fall is sitting with an average base of 18" of snow in most places with residential yards like our looking at about 6 feet of snow piles. In a typical year the city hauls away about 5,000 loads of snow from down town and the main emergency routes and this year they've hauled away 28,000 loads. The three main snow piles the city used are about 3 football fields long (each) and ramping up to about 60 feet tall. They figure it's going to take until July to all melt.

I think my front yard will take until May/June to all melt. This is the winter that will not end. Sioux Falls average is about 30-35 inches of total snow and this year we are at 64" and it's only mid-March. Hard to believe I'm really only about 6 weeks from getting the toys out of storage (May 1st) in a "typical" year.

Thanks for sharing.

Jim

· Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
32,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
That's awesome MommaBetty, very cool to have in you're backyard. I may have to take a trip that way in the near future to check it out. I love his collection.

I know I sure wish we had brown grass to look at like out by you. Sioux Fall is sitting with an average base of 18" of snow in most places with residential yards like our looking at about 6 feet of snow piles. In a typical year the city hauls away about 5,000 loads of snow from down town and the main emergency routes and this year they've hauled away 28,000 loads. The three main snow piles the city used are about 3 football fields long (each) and ramping up to about 60 feet tall. They figure it's going to take until July to all melt.

I think my front yard will take until May/June to all melt. This is the winter that will not end. Sioux Falls average is about 30-35 inches of total snow and this year we are at 64" and it's only mid-March. Hard to believe I'm really only about 6 weeks from getting the toys out of storage (May 1st) in a "typical" year.

Thanks for sharing.

Jim
Agree! We had a LOT more snow than Rapid City. They didn't get the December blizzard of 30+ inches that we did. I still have a two foot drift in my back yard, and that is after two days of 60 degree temps this week. We are cold here until Sunday, then it looks to be getting a little milder!

· Registered
4,733 Posts
Great pics... Just saw that episode of the Blazer this weekend... They had a "binge" on Roadworthy Rescues on Motertrend TV this weekend... It's just a really good show to watch... Again great pics and thanks for sharing... 👍

· Registered
1,396 Posts
Agree! We had a LOT more snow than Rapid City. They didn't get the December blizzard of 30+ inches that we did. I still have a two foot drift in my back yard, and that is after two days of 60 degree temps this week. We are cold here until Sunday, then it looks to be getting a little milder!
Hopefully all of SoDak's winter ends soon so we can get on with Spring / Summer and get the toys out for some primetime cruising.

Jim

21 - 24 of 24 Posts