Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of the local people have had their DRL's enabled. If you have, where did you go to get it done? Figured before I started calling dealers to see if they would/could do it I would ask here.

I live in the Northern Montgomery County, work in Frederick County, and frequent Baltimore from time to time...just as a general idea of places that would easy for me to get to so I could get mine done. Thanks for the help.

L

·
Registered
471 Posts
There's a thread on here has the directions on how to do it, print that out and take it to the dealer as the car has to bee hooked up to their start scan tool to activate them. Some dealers don't know how to do it plus the thread will show that most people get it done for free. Some dealers try to charge so show them the thread, it takes 3 minutes to turn them on, a couple of mouse clicks.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw it and emailed it to myself. Just wanted to see if anyone local could recommend a shop. I'll call up the service department at Tate in Frederick tomorrow and see if they will do it.

With my Maxima, most dealers wouldn't do the timing advance. Had to become friends w the service manager to have it done.

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
I'm sorry I cannot help you with local dealer advice since I am a couple thousand miles away. But, I have not heard of a dealer who refused to do it yet. Even if they refused, just explain to them that you feel it is a safety/visibility issue and they will do it just to protect themselves for liability issues.

Whether they charge or not depends on your dealer service rep. I took my car in for other minor warranty work and asked about getting the DRL's activated. He said "No problem." I asked him how much would it cost and he stated, "Do you want me to charge you?" and laughed. I said no and it was done no charge.

I have had four different service reps at my local dealer. Two were great, two sucked. The two great ones left. I'm not sure what that says of the dealership.

·
Challenger Old Guy...
6,527 Posts
DRL's

Just wondering if any of the local people have had their DRL's enabled. If you have, where did you go to get it done? Figured before I started calling dealers to see if they would/could do it I would ask here.

I live in the Northern Montgomery County, work in Frederick County, and frequent Baltimore from time to time...just as a general idea of places that would easy for me to get to so I could get mine done. Thanks for the help.

L

Papa L'

Here is a link to some backround on DRL's for the Challenger;

Top Challenger Tips'n Tricks #10 DRL’s for Safety (Daytime Running Lights)

For additional info on what the dealer needs to do using their Scantool to turn this feature on, here is another;

Top Challenger Tips'n Tricks #41 DRL's on Challenger: How To Activate

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
The Dealership should not charge you more than 1/2 hr (minimum) to enable this feature and if they through at you that they cannot do this because of Canadian Sales Codes, or some kinda crap, tell them that you understand that it is required under Canadian Transporation law but can be simply enabled via Scantool and TIPM setup.
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ending up swinging by Tate Dodge in Frederick. $55 to get it enabled. The rep mentioned something about enabling DRL throwing (climate control) codes, it did on his '10. I handed them the print out of step 41 and said if these steps are followed it will work. They were very willing to take a look at it. So far so good. This will probably end up being my servicing dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts