Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Well I just did the dyno run on my 2010 5.7 Mopar 10. (Red stripe Auto)
Overall I thought wasn't to bad but then I see other numbers and are Mmmmmm, not sure now.
Car is stock apart from cat back exhaust.

First pull in 4th 320hp @ 5019rpm 350.9 torque @ 4330rpm Car hit speed limiter (at least we think so) so wouldn't pull above that.
Second pull (sorry no print out so approx figures) Pull done in 3rd 339hp at aprox 5500 rpm. Seemed better.

So, base line set. Thought not to bad.
Then did the diablo 91 tune. Took limiters off for speed so shouldn't have any issues with speed limiters etc.
Diablo 91 tune result was worse all the way through. Top hp was 319 can't remember torque.
So went back to standard tune re did the run to reset all baselines (were we doing something wrong?)
Same result as first.
Second run did Diablo 93 tune.
Torque and HP curve sat below the standard tune by a fraction all the way until we hit peak rpm (remember no speed limiter on 93 tune).
At peak we got 327 hp in 4th @ 5308rpm and 355.7 torque @ 4441 rpm.

So basically the diablo tune made no difference. (we believe we would have received similar numbers with out the speed limiter on.

The afr was very low on all runs at around 10.75. (don't know why?)
So we know there is room for improvement however I was expecting a bit better result with the can tunes as advertised.
Looks like I will be using it to reset shift points and re set fan temps but that's about it.

Was I being over optimistic?
Has anyone else had this similar result with the caned tunes or did you get way better results.
All I have read about them said they were great and good for decent hp gains.
Feedback is welcomed.

Also fuel economy on my trips just cruising is around 450 - 460 miles on a completely full tank (so you can see the fuel at the top of the filler).
Similar/worse?
Just looking for feedback opinions and tips.

I will be going with long tube headers and non cats soon so hope to see a good performance gain with these.

Happy Crusin

·
Dazed & Confused
36,620 Posts
We've had several here that did not see any gain from the canned tune. I had similar numbers on my car as your 1st pull. I've got a Hemifever tune on mine now but I've not had an opportunity to get back on a dyno.

·
12,990 Posts
Those numbers are very close to what I got on my first dyno with the CAI 93 tune installed. What really matters is the way you feel now about the cars performance now also installing long tube headers will probably do nothing to help your dyno numbers.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I would have to agree, I always felt the car was more responsive with the tune. That said, I loaded the factory tune and used the modify feature. Shut off MDS, changed the throttle response and shift firmness. I think the the car feels exactly the same as with the 91 tune installed. So even if I did not get any HP gains the car feels much better.

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
First question what octane are you using because if using the rating of New Zealand fuel rating you also could be on the verge of engine damage
New Zealand uses the ROM rating USA uses AKI rating so, 85 AKI equals 90 RON and and 91 AKI equals 95 RON. So if you are using the 93 tune and pumping in your 95 octane you are still too low on octane.

Part two many have found better results from using the 91 Tune anyway,

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
What kind of dyno? A Mustang dyno give lower numbers than some others. You also have to look at the curves and compare them. Maybe the peak numbers aren't any better but maybe at certain RPM's the numbers are much better.

Another tip, log data. You will see if you are getting and short term or long term knock. You can adjust the air fuel ratio if you feel its wrong. I can't remember the ideal air fuel ratio off the top of my head but I think its around 12.5 to 1. Yours is way to rich and could be leaned out to improve power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts