Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 T/A Plus
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my (new to me) 2017 T/A plus for a full week now and can say that I have never enjoyed a motor vehicle so much. It's amazing right out of the gate. Having said that, I am a bit of a gearhead and was looking at a few simple mods to get my hands dirty on with the new ride.

I thought the stock exhaust sounded pretty darn nice, but knew I had heard better out there. After crawling down thread after thread on this forum about exhaust upgrades, I settled on what seemed to be the consensus. Mid-muffler delete, replacing with these bad Larry's here..
Dynomax Race Bullet 24250 Exhaust Resonator.

Let me tell you honestly, I couldn't be happier if I'd have spend 5k on a new set up. The parts were $50, Amazon prime. Shop labor was $125. took all of 30 minutes to do. The guys in the shop were a little giddy about the improvement themselves.

I immediately noticed the difference from start up. Louder, but not obscene and a more throaty growl than before. I was smiling hard leaving the shop and then....I hit the sport button. Unbelievably awesome!! The sound is fairly tame when cruising, but when you hit the gas, everyone knows it. It just sounds plain mean now.

I hope anyone else considering this mod will find my opinion helpful. I started to take before and after vids, but they are everywhere and you can't appreciate the recorded audio. Trust me, if you go this route, you will not be disappointed!

Cheers! Semper Fi!

2017 T/A Plus
5.7 HEMI

·
Registered
2017 T/A Plus
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So you are replacing the mid muffler, not deleting them, correct?
Correct. I considered the often mentioned mid-delete all by itself, but it seemed most folks agreed that it just amplified loudness. I wanted more loudness, but also with growl and a deeper tone. They delivered on that for sure. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Correct. I considered the often mentioned mid-delete all by itself, but it seemed most folks agreed that it just amplified loudness. I wanted more loudness, but also with growl and a deeper tone. They delivered on that for sure. Hope this helps.
Good choice. I agree the car sounds amazing stock. I also have a 17 T/A.
Glad you didn't do the resonator delete. I am not a fan of deleting either the mufflers nor the resonators. When you pay this much for a car, makes no sense to go cheap and hack the mufflers off.
I would love to hear your can now.
I have long tubes on order and will leave the stock mufflers/resonators.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Good choice. I agree the car sounds amazing stock. I also have a 17 T/A.
Glad you didn't do the resonator delete. I am not a fan of deleting either the mufflers nor the resonators. When you pay this much for a car, makes no sense to go cheap and hack the mufflers off.
I would love to hear your can now.
I have long tubes on order and will leave the stock mufflers/resonators.
I added Kooks to mine along with the Race Bullets. You’ll love it. Really woke things up for me.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've had my (new to me) 2017 T/A plus for a full week now and can say that I have never enjoyed a motor vehicle so much. It's amazing right out of the gate. Having said that, I am a bit of a gearhead and was looking at a few simple mods to get my hands dirty on with the new ride.

I thought the stock exhaust sounded pretty darn nice, but knew I had heard better out there. After crawling down thread after thread on this forum about exhaust upgrades, I settled on what seemed to be the consensus. Mid-muffler delete, replacing with these bad Larry's here..
Dynomax Race Bullet 24250 Exhaust Resonator.

Let me tell you honestly, I couldn't be happier if I'd have spend 5k on a new set up. The parts were $50, Amazon prime. Shop labor was $125. took all of 30 minutes to do. The guys in the shop were a little giddy about the improvement themselves.

I immediately noticed the difference from start up. Louder, but not obscene and a more throaty growl than before. I was smiling hard leaving the shop and then....I hit the sport button. Unbelievably awesome!! The sound is fairly tame when cruising, but when you hit the gas, everyone knows it. It just sounds plain mean now.

I hope anyone else considering this mod will find my opinion helpful. I started to take before and after vids, but they are everywhere and you can't appreciate the recorded audio. Trust me, if you go this route, you will not be disappointed!

Cheers! Semper Fi!

2017 T/A Plus
5.7 HEMI
I did the same about a month ago. Sounds Sooooooo Good :)

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
I did the same mod on my 18 T/A with the Race Bullets and I do not regret it at all. Money well spent without having to break into the big bucks for full systems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts