Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i i stalled 3in Dynomax mini bullets(#24250) on my 5.7 shaker STP 6M. I already had resonator deletes but with the stock mufflers and that sounded too high pitched for me. The sound is great but i do feel like the car's torque is not as it was before but i will be pulling the #2 fuse and hoping that fixes the problem. The first video will be of the stock mufflers with resonator deletes and the second with 3in dynomax mini bullets and resonator deletes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update. Pulling the #2 fuse is for older challengers. for 15+ (i believe 15+ definitely 16+) it is the #31 fuse. seems to almost be back to normal or i'm probably just over thinking it. Exhaust sounds great and well worth it!

·
Registered
620 Posts
I didn't notice any loss of torque on my 6.4L with the bullets, but I guess anything is possible. If there is a loss of torque from backpressure loss, the *worst* setup should be the full delete.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good! Where did you place Bullets? Where the mid mufflers are, and then straight pipe out?

JS
Yes, i replaced the mid mufflers with the mini bullets, and then straight piped out. i will say that it does sound very blatty if you get on it and hat starts at around 4500 rpms.

·
2012 RT Redline Tri Coat
3,671 Posts
Sounds goooooood!

·
Registered
7 Posts
LOL! I actually had to look-up the word "blatty." So basically it rattles a lot at high RPM? How is the cabin noise; is there a lot of drone? I have the 8-speed-auto, so I am expecting it to sound like crap when the MDS is on. Currently I have only deleted the rear resonators, and it sounds good. I would just like to give it a little more bark without spending a bunch.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL! I actually had to look-up the word "blatty." So basically it rattles a lot at high RPM? How is the cabin noise; is there a lot of drone? I have the 8-speed-auto, so I am expecting it to sound like crap when the MDS is on. Currently I have only deleted the rear resonators, and it sounds good. I would just like to give it a little more bark without spending a bunch.
the way i think of blatty is it sounds like bursts of exhaust are coming out instead of a continuous stream. Not sure if that really makes sense. i took the bullets off because i really disliked that part and put the stock mufflers back on and left the resonators off.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
^^^ No issue for me. Not sure if you would call it drone or just louder exhaust :) I think if you want it louder, you want to hear some of it inside and carry on a regular conversation too. I know it sounds better and don't need to turn up the sound system volume to compensate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts