Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again,
OK... still driving around with the Brake light flashing. Have gotten used to the beep everytime you take off.
Question is: Does the E-brake actually lock up the rear wheels? I was going 30 MPH, no one around and I slammed it to the floor. and the car slowed a bit, but totally not like what I was expecting it to do. I was expecting the back tires to lock up! I know that the E-brake is a drum brake that is inside the rear discs. But is it adjustable? Shouldn't it actually attempt to stop the car? Could this be what's causing the brake light indicator on the dash?
Thanks in advance for any assistance. And any step by step if anyone else has replaced, adjusted or upgraded their E-brake.
Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
56 Posts
if you pull up on the parking brake pedal while pulling in the release handle, does the light go out then?
(pushing the pedal back to its uppermost resting point)

Wes

·
Registered
628 Posts
It is more a parking brake than for emergency stops.
It wont lock up at speed but should slow you down. (twice)
I think that light is for both e brake and low fluid...you might want to check that.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ditto on the fluid reservoir !!

My Charger dinged/flashed and I thought it was the parking brake. I pulled over set and released it and the light went out. Did it again the next day and the light stayed lit, I looked further and found the inside of one wheel wet with brake fluid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts