Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was installing a set of Mopar fog lights in my '14 SXT and was in the process of removing the polypins (?) from the wheel well to be able to access the fog light housing and noticed something...

The polypins looked like they were two pieces and there was a slot under the top cover, so I place a flat blades screw driver under the cover and gently pried up and it started to move! Then I used a forked trim tool to finish pulling the insert out of the polypin and was able to remove it when a very gentle pull. To re-install the polypin just insert it and push the insert down until flush.

This might be old news, but the video I watched on YouTube about installing the fog lights in a '14 SXT said you had to pry the top three polypins out.

I finished my install, had the fog lights activated at the dealer and thought I would share this little tidbit of info.

Here are some pics.

brian

Attachments

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,503 Posts
Never hurts as a reenforcement. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Good job!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies! I was stoked when I was able to remove the polypins easily. I wish I hadn't had to struggle with the fog light blanks!

brian

·
Registered
244 Posts
I was installing a set of Mopar fog lights in my '14 SXT and was in the process of removing the polypins (?) from the wheel well to be able to access the fog light housing and noticed something...

The polypins looked like they were two pieces and there was a slot under the top cover, so I place a flat blades screw driver under the cover and gently pried up and it started to move! Then I used a forked trim tool to finish pulling the insert out of the polypin and was able to remove it when a very gentle pull. To re-install the polypin just insert it and push the insert down until flush.

This might be old news, but the video I watched on YouTube about installing the fog lights in a '14 SXT said you had to pry the top three polypins out.

I finished my install, had the fog lights activated at the dealer and thought I would share this little tidbit of info.

Here are some pics.

brian
I wish I had found this post when I did mine. Would have saved me about half hour to an hour all told, removal and reinstall. Oh well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts