Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to tune their Shaker yet? I normally tune all my dodge's with a Diablosport tuner, but I have my reservations about the shaker. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
22,648 Posts
Has anyone tried to tune their Shaker yet? I normally tune all my dodge's with a Diablosport tuner, but I have my reservations about the shaker. Any thoughts?
Not sure what your reservations are? the 2014 Shaker car is a 5.7 Hemi the same as any R/T. The horsepower rating doesn't change for the Shaker version, so there shouldn't be any big differences. If anything the Shaker might act as a CAI but that is a common mod that is used with diablo programing. What are your concerns?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am curious to know if the ECU has already been tuned for the CAI that is installed on the shakers. If so, doing a re-tune is pointless. SO with my experiences with the 5.7 so far, my 07 charger gained a significant amount of HP ad TQ from the retune, my 13 Durango it made a noticeable difference, but not much. Basically I don't want to screw with it unless I know there will be decent gains thats all.

·
Dazed & Confused
36,567 Posts
The shaker is an appearance package for the car. Should have the same tune as all the rest of the Challengers.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I know my top end is higher on my shaker then it was on my R/T.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts