Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
I hope that guy is right on the pricing. $27K to $40K? If $40K gets you a Scat Pack 6.4L with 485hp that's pretty sweet! Have to see it to believe it though.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
I hope that guy is right on the pricing. $27K to $40K? If $40K gets you a Scat Pack 6.4L with 485hp that's pretty sweet! Have to see it to believe it though.
I agree...With a touch screen...collision monitoring system...rear view camera...and all the "new" features he talked about in the Scat Pack car....not to mention dealers trying to get way over list...40K is unrealistic IMO.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
That's true. I remember when the Challenger first came out, I was looking at a 2008 SRT8 in Hemi Orange the the sticker said $42K I believe and the dealer wanted $48K because it was so rare and desirable, etc. I thought wow what crooks. I just looked at it and drove off. Even $42K at that time was out of my price range anyway.

Sometimes the dealers order too many of the "bold" color type cars and get stuck with one or two of them and then they sit a while and they're forced to start marking them down. I've seen quite a few of those on lots before where I'm sure you could bargain with them to get a decent deal on one.

Not many people will want to seriously buy a Sublime Green Shaker Challenger that gets bad mileage and sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm one that would love to buy one, but look at the cars on the road nowadays, they're all pretty tame in terms of paint color. So there could be some opportunities like that out there.

But more than likely these will sell like hotcakes at first. Once things cool off a bit some deals might pop up.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
That's true. I remember when the Challenger first came out, I was looking at a 2008 SRT8 in Hemi Orange the the sticker said $42K I believe and the dealer wanted $48K because it was so rare and desirable, etc. I thought wow what crooks. I just looked at it and drove off. Even $42K at that time was out of my price range anyway.

Sometimes the dealers order too many of the "bold" color type cars and get stuck with one or two of them and then they sit a while and they're forced to start marking them down. I've seen quite a few of those on lots before where I'm sure you could bargain with them to get a decent deal on one.

Not many people will want to seriously buy a Sublime Green Shaker Challenger that gets bad mileage and sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm one that would love to buy one, but look at the cars on the road nowadays, they're all pretty tame in terms of paint color. So there could be some opportunities like that out there.

But more than likely these will sell like hotcakes at first. Once things cool off a bit some deals might pop up.
Completly agree...I had to wait till April of 2010 to buy my RT becouse of "dealers" pricing. NO WAY was I paying 40K. All I wanted was the "look" of this car and the Hemi....I'm not into alot of features anyway so when a car that hadn't moved the way they wanted along with a slow sales month made their bottom drive-out under 33K...it was game on finally. Wasn't too happy having to pay the 1K extra at the time for the 6-speed...but liked the Inferno Red enough to overlook that. I'm hoping this will be how it goes for the Shaker 392 RT's in time but who knows. Color like you said may play into it too. Remember all the Furious Fuschia's that dealers couldn't sell??:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Yep I remember seeing lots of those furious fuschias on the lot. I'm sure those went for a nice discount eventually.

That's kind of how I felt at the time. I just wanted a bright colored Hemi powered Challenger and I wanted to get a 6 speed since I never had a stick shift car yet and figured this was a good car for that. I paid around the same at $33,500 with taxes and everything. I lucked out and got a rebate on my 6 speed so it was the same as an auto. The next year the auto's were $995 extra and the 6 speeds were standard, go figure.

I remember seeing a lot of R/T Classics on the lot that were loaded up for around $40K or even a little higher. I wasn't into all the gadgets and sunroofs and stuff so the one I got was perfect.

It'll be interesting to see what these new ones go for. My gut tells me they'll be priced kind of high. I'm sure they'll jack up the base price of them all across the board, and then the different option packages will be pricier, and then on top of that they'll probably make it so you can only get the 6.4L shaker if you get the sound group, navigation group, comfort group, and any other option group they can tack on to jack the price up higher. That's why the concept of the SRT Core was so cool. If you could get a basic R/T with the 6.4L and 8 speed auto that car would haul major arse, provided it didn't cost a fortune to get it.

I think I'll end up keeping mine but it's great that they keep on making these cars, it's a great time to be a car enthusiast!

Reactions: friendoffur

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In 09, first year for the R/T I remember one of the sales people telling me I got a better deal than the other Challengers on site because mine was stick and nobody who came in drove stick!

So the car I test drove two weeks earlier was still on the lot (all the autos were gone and replaced with new ones) and it's the car I have now.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
When I bought my car I could barely drive a stick either haha! I've ridden dirtbikes for years and figured I could grasp the concept pretty quickly using my foot instead of my left hand for the clutch. The salesman said the same thing, not many people could really drive a stick anymore these days. It's more of a thing of the past now with the auto transmissions being much better and coming with paddle shifters and all that new fancy stuff. I think the 8 speed auto would be pretty sweet, but it's just fun shifting the gears on your own, even if I'm not as accurate or fast as a modern day auto trans.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
No SRT in 2015, just R/T with 392 Scat Pack. I'm sure the $40K is low, can't see them selling with all those options and special stuff for the same price as an SRT Core.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No SRT in 2015, just R/T with 392 Scat Pack. I'm sure the $40K is low, can't see them selling with all those options and special stuff for the same price as an SRT Core.
You sure? Don't they usually reveal at the end of the summer?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'm expecting at least a $1k increase over 2014 pricing. Maybe they have a bargain package on the SXT without touch screen, etc. to keep the entry level price low for advertising. And I could see the Scat Pack around $43k and maybe $45k with the Shaker. No way with all the new tech stuff and 8 speed the cost will be near the SRT Core

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Based on what I read in that allpar.com article on the 2015 Challengers, it said no SRT's for 2015, just SXT, R/T, R/T Scat Pack, and R/T Scat Pack Shaker. You can get the 392 Hemi in the R/T though now. Not sure if they'll release more information later, but that's what I've heard so far.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
I'm expecting at least a $1k increase over 2014 pricing. Maybe they have a bargain package on the SXT without touch screen, etc. to keep the entry level price low for advertising. And I could see the Scat Pack around $43k and maybe $45k with the Shaker. No way with all the new tech stuff and 8 speed the cost will be near the SRT Core
^ I'd have to agree with your estimate on pricing, that sounds more realistic to me. If there is a way to get a 392 in a Challenger for under $40K I'd be shocked. I'm guessing mid $40K range somewhere for those.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts