Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just order the shock/strut and sway bar kit for my 09 SRT8... Good reviews from the Zforums, thanks everyone. Can't wait to see how it handles!

Robert

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'll be putting the same kit on my 2010 r/t next Saturday! Very excited! Did you purchase any camber adjustment parts?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The shop insists I won't need a camber kit with the Pro kit. I might do a couple searches tomorrow to see the extent of the alignment issues. The last thing I'm going to do is pay the additional install after expressing my concern.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I have the Pro kit on my 2013 R\T and did my research before and about 90% of everyone that installed the Eibach Pro kit did not use or need a camber kit.

I had an alignment done after and it was so close to factory spec that they also said I should not need the camber kit, so the consensus is correct . Just rotate your tires as normal. If you go with any kit that drops it 2" or more, then yes you will need a camber kit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Pro-System Plus is only spec'd to lower an SRT .8" so I'm hoping there's no way I'll need a alignment kit. A minor drop but really shooting for a firmer feel on the handling side of things.

·
Registered
614 Posts
The Pro-System Plus is only spec'd to lower an SRT .8" so I'm hoping there's no way I'll need a alignment kit. A minor drop but really shooting for a firmer feel on the handling side of things.

The .8" seems about right and it will feel a little firmer especially paired with the Eibach Dampers. My car actually came with the STP (basically the same springs and struts as the SRT8's).

Keep in mind it will take about 2 to 3 weeks to settle to it's lowest point.

Be sure to do some before and after pics and post them up.

Good Luck.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,513 Posts
I put the Pro System on my Magnum and when the alignment was checked, it was JUST in spec. I had it checked 2 weeks later(after 400 miles) and it had settled to where I needed the camber kits.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,513 Posts
Bad8nti --- what parts did you use to correct the camber? I
On the front, we used the SPC 66040 Upper Control Arms. Rear, 66050 Offset Bushings. Everything was great after that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts