Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 dodge challenger SRT8 with pod gauges. Ive had what i think to be a battery pull from somewhere for a while so i have been pulling the NEG terminal when im stopped for long periods of time. Just recently my electrical has been going haywire. When the car is on the gauges keep resetting and the radio along with it does not come on my RPM and speedometer lag at certain point along with my blinkers. My dash light do not work also and when the car is off the gauges continue to cycle over and over again

·
What's Old is New Again!
38,355 Posts
First, Have you had your battery checked, not only for voltage, but for cold cranking amps. These cars are very picky to having a good battery. Go to a Advance Auto or AutoZone and have them run a diagnostic on your battery/charging system.

Electrical problems like this are very hard to check out if you are not hands on. If your battery checks out, take it to a good mechanic for diagnostic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did have the battery checked at Advance Auto. I plan on taking it in for a diagnostic on monday, i was just wondering if there was any other guidance because it is very annoying to drive

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
51,937 Posts
So these are after market gauges I assume, seeing as your issues involve gauges as well as lighting for the gauges and instrument lighting it makes me suspect either and issue with those gauges or the install of them, wire pinched or shorted somewhere possibly.Also a bad connection at the battery can cause weird electrical issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pulled the radio fuse to see if it was indeed coming from there and it is so it may have to do with the radio also

·
Premium Member
12,345 Posts
I guess I have one follow up question... If you have Aux Guages have you checked to see how they were wired to your fuse panel? If you can find out and isolate them and then check to see if your problem still is happening it may give you additional direction... Good luck I hope you get this sorted out...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts