Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While saving up for a Tidalwave supercharger for my 3.6, I thought I'd play around with a possible emblem:

I imagine the lower part on a chrome section with the 220 SUPERCHARGED embossed into it...

This is of course if a supercharged 3.6L actually dynos at 460 hp. Early tests are showing around that (extrapolated from the rear-wheel numbers), from my reading here. Of course I'd alter that number if it wasn't the case. Not trying to claim anything that's not true.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And I just think 220 looks cooler than 3.6L...

·
Registered
887 Posts
Definitely, 220 looks better than 3.6.

Actually, I would suggest to contact Nate at Rebadge design (http://www.rebadgedesign.com/home/contact/). He did the stickers and badges for my Challenger, and they look superb. You can send him your design, or ask him to make you a new one (or improve the existing one). You can see some of his work on his page. I think you will like it. :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Definitely, 220 looks better than 3.6.

Actually, I would suggest to contact Nate at Rebadge design (http://www.rebadgedesign.com/home/contact/). He did the stickers and badges for my Challenger, and they look superb. You can send him your design, or ask him to make you a new one (or improve the existing one). You can see some of his work on his page. I think you will like it. :)
Ive had lots of badges done by him and they all looked pretty awesome, not cheap though. Ive been debating badging my car with "supercharger" but i think im going to just badge it as a V6 and give the idea to GTs and HEMIs that they have an "easy kill".

·
Registered
887 Posts
I think that it's a great idea; don't put a SC badge, just a V6 one. Make the Challenger a "sleeper". ;) I would love to see the look on people's faces when they learn what your V6 is capable of. :D

·
Banned
473 Posts
I like the idea of just "V6". I've also toyed with the idea of getting a personalized plate with something like "LIL' V6". Also this way, if they're paying attention, people won't need to ask you if you have a hemi.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just comping at the bit to do this supercharger... It may have to just get put on a credit card.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Just comping at the bit to do this supercharger... It may have to just get put on a credit card.
You must have a credit card just burning a hole in your wallet you're dying to use ;)

But really, coming in at just under 5K, I am just splitting the payment in half. Half actual cash, half on a card. Doesn't sting as much that way lol.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
While saving up for a Tidalwave supercharger for my 3.6, I thought I'd play around with a possible emblem:

I imagine the lower part on a chrome section with the 220 SUPERCHARGED embossed into it...

This is of course if a supercharged 3.6L actually dynos at 460 hp. Early tests are showing around that (extrapolated from the rear-wheel numbers), from my reading here. Of course I'd alter that number if it wasn't the case. Not trying to claim anything that's not true.
it's funny you chose that... that's pretty much what i have but mine is all vinyl... i "borrowed" the SUPERCHARGED font/logo from Pontiac (SSEi Bonneville) but SHHHH! we'll just keep that our little secret... :smileup:

·
Banned
473 Posts
I understand the feeling. Just be careful, because once you get started, you'll be adding more mods and tweaks and extras to make it "just a little bit better". ;) That 5K might end up growing not counting the interest. Whatever you decide, have fun!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm already in pretty deep mod-wise...

Bright Pedals (including emergency brake)
Fog Lights with Amber Lens Covers
Automatic Headlights
Rear Body-Colored Lip Spoiler
Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs
Gorilla Stainless Steel Lug Nuts
Air Bag Sticker Removal
BT Catch Can
Cabin-Mounted Fire Extinguisher

And once I get the supercharger, a brake upgrade (likely Hawk or Baer) would be next so I can stop all that power...

·
Registered
887 Posts
Install the supercharger, and then get a personalized license plate saying "Just V6". :) Imagine the looks on the faces you will see in the rear view mirror when they read your plate and watch you disappearing in the distance. :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
...interesting, as I have this on my "sometime...wish to do list".

After installed, then thought about having Nate make "stalker" emblems for the hood and I would get custom lic. plate that reads:

WHATSNIT
(Whats-n-it)

...just random thoughts for down the road...:4-dontknow:,

right now I'm trying to finish my spring list of things to do and carve out time to install signal sequencers, puddle lights, LED back up lights, custom hood and dash badges (made by Nate), custom painted MGP Caliper covers...all this stuff has been riding around in the trunk for a couple of weeks now.
Halos I'll install week of 4th of July...so many mods...not enough time

·
Registered
29 Posts
Desmo

Dang, you got the right ideas and got some great mods going. And I agree, Nate is the man! I'm saving my pennies and trying not to stress about getting the tidalwave bought and installed but waiting sux.:str:

·
Registered
282 Posts
thanks...I forgot I installed Nate's Lenses on the "D O D G E" on the tail light today. They look great! Nate is the man for re-badging.
He also made me some vinyl decals of "SXT Plus" in a very small size...installed today as well. (on wiper blade arms)...odd, yea I know, but so far I really like them there...nobody else I've seen has 'em.

I took a pic of the installs today and hopefully will get them posted into an album in my profile tomorrow/Monday at the latest. attached a couple of rough images...will reshoot after a bath and detail. lol

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts