Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 questions regarding my 2013 Challenger Rallye Redline.

First, I ordered the Airaid CAI, & I know the air comes from underneath the filter. I also know that the existing inserts in the hood are non-functional. Since I am getting a CAI, would having the functional scoops be a better option or won't it make any difference?

Second, I've been reading a lot about oil catch cans. Are they really necessary on the 3.6L? How easy are they to install?

Thanks for any responses :smileup:

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,503 Posts
Trish, the functional hood scoop inserts have nothing to do with the operation of your CAI. That being said, those that have installed the functional scoops have noticed a slight reduction in under hood temperatures(which is always nice).

The catch can is definately worth it. When I had my Magnum with a 3.5 V6, I got about 3/4 inch of oil out of it between every oil change. I get a little less than that now with my Hemi. Installing it's a breeze.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,624 Posts
Research the catch cans well. You will want to be sure the CAI is not in the way of where the catch can mounts. Also if you go with a fender mount, that is a really long hose run.

·
Registered
738 Posts
A catch can is well worth it even on the 3.6, I get about 1/2 oz every 1000 miles, you don't want that stuff fouling up your intake. the hood inserts I hear will help cool under hood , but without the cervini custom intake with the hood inserts not much benefit but some 3.6 owners have installed it and made it work.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Bought my hood inserts a few years ago and havnt noticed, felt, seen, heard, any difference. Catch can i empty every oil change and there is always a bit of oil in it so i assume its doing something. Id buy the catch can again because at the very least it looks cool, i would not buy the inserts again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts