Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 09 5.9 RT and checked for the timing chain recall, it hadn't been done.

I took it to the local Dodge dealer for this, they drove it around to me and my wife drove it home.

now the question, it sat for a few days due to lousy weather, I started it and heard a noise I never heard before, the best description is low power steering reservoir. buzzing humming noise. it's not as loud when it warms up.

should I be concerned?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
There was some kind of TSB for the power steering. I believe they added an extra unit to the steering to reduce this. It is also possible that the steering pump is going bad. Search power steering TSB and go to the dealer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

I don't believe it's the power steering, noise doesn't change when I rock the steering wheel.

It sounds like it it's a coming under the front engine cover or in that general area.

It did not do it until they worked on it.

·
Premium Member
18,456 Posts
Maybe they got a little anti freeze on the belt / pulley when replacing the timing chain. Check for any leaks and as long as the car is running smoothly,I'd drive it for a couple of days and see if it goes away.If not,back to the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts