Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking at a new 09 SRT8. I may purchase it tomorrow? My question is the car has 6 miles on it and its sitting outside. When I looked at the engine the aluminum parts appeared to have a slight corosion on them. Can this be cleaned off to make the engine look better. I plan on keeping it stored inside. Why would a brand new engine have that on it already? Did anyone else have this on their engine?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Fla. enjoy ur stay and look in the knowledge base also. Great people here and lots of info. I have it also. whitish looking stuff. mine kinda wiped off. I think its just the aluminum and air making a little corrision.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Hello, I am looking at a new 09 SRT8. I may purchase it tomorrow? My question is the car has 6 miles on it and its sitting outside. When I looked at the engine the aluminum parts appeared to have a slight corosion on them. Can this be cleaned off to make the engine look better. I plan on keeping it stored inside. Why would a brand new engine have that on it already? Did anyone else have this on their engine?
Yes, mine had some noticeable "chalking" on some of the aluminum parts around the front of the engine and throttle body when it was new. Kind of tough to access it to clean it up but it comes off easily with a little Mother's polish. I wouldn't let this factor alone convince me that it has more than six miles on it.

·
Registered
766 Posts
6 miles on it, that's crazy. I guess the plant didn't do a test drive. Although my truck had 15 miles on it when I bought it, and that's still running strong after 130k and just had 11 year old birthday

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
It just looks that way because it is lonely and neglected, it needs you to buy it and love it! And trust me, you WILL love it!

Oh, and welcome to the best place on the net, glad to have you here!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Same here..

Same story for me. Just needs a good home and a little TLC. Nothing to worry about!

·
Registered
792 Posts
There's an aluminum brightener that can be sprayed on diluted to rinse it off. Most dealers and detailers have it. Need to be careful with it as it can etch. Ask the dealer to see if they can clean it up pre-sale.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts