Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is the scenario....
Got a 2015 Scat Pack and of course, started looking for ways to make it my own. On the forum and other places saw pictures of Challengers with the cat claw marks by the front headlights and thought it looked really cool. I even went so far as to order the vinyl claw mark stickers. However, that is where it stopped. I started to feel as though I may be crossing some boundry by putting the claw mark vinyl on my car when in fact it is not a Hellcat.

So, here is the question? Does it cross a boundry to put the claw marks on your car when it is not a Hellcat? Have others done this and been shunned by the Challenger community??

I posted a sample picture below.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Automotive design

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
56,819 Posts
So here is the scenario....
Got a 2015 Scat Pack and of course, started looking for ways to make it my own. On the forum and other places saw pictures of Challengers with the cat claw marks by the front headlights and thought it looked really cool. I even went so far as to order the vinyl claw mark stickers. However, that is where it stopped. I started to feel as though I may be crossing some boundry by putting the claw mark vinyl on my car when in fact it is not a Hellcat.

So, here is the question? Does it cross a boundry to put the claw marks on your car when it is not a Hellcat? Have others done this and been shunned by the Challenger community??

I posted a sample picture below.

View attachment 125086
The Hellcat does not have those so no problem but I do see a lot of Camaro s with them.

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts
Go for it!

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,510 Posts
On some FB pages, I see tons of Challengers with the claw marks ... so I doubt any shunning will happen.. and as stated already, it's your car do what you want...

·
They see me rollin...
1,276 Posts
I have seen Challengers in all trim lines with them. I don't think it's a HC thing. Have fun with it and make it yours!

Reactions: Hollings67

·
Premium Member
12,626 Posts
I guess this goes along with putting the Scat Pack stickerin the quarter window. No way am I trying to say I have a Scat Pack car.

Reactions: Hollings67

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I don’t think the claw marks have much todo about “hellcats only” now if it was a big cat head on the side ..... different story.
But I kinda know how you feel. I bought a SRT or T/A hood to put in my scat pack and thought long about it. People ask why I didn’t get a hellcat hood .... well it’s not a hellcat that’s why

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the input. I am going to go for it.
I also like the stroy of the scratch marks caused by a hellcat, so I am going to go with that story....at least until I am able to put a supercharger in it and then it will be a different story:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
All I can recommend to you is this:

If YOU make the car payment, then YOU decide what you do to the car. It isn't my car, and hell, even if you littered the thing with Demon badges, at the end of the day, you are the one driving it and enjoying it. Who cares what everyone else thinks?

Good luck with your build!!

~MD~

1 - 20 of 31 Posts