Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone any advice or help will be greatly appreciated. I ordered the Mopar Catback exhaust for my 2014 Shaker R/T Challenger. I guess I should have asked this before I ordered now they are installing it tomorrow and I know there are better but i wanted to keep it in the family and use Mopar.

Any how I am freaking out because I thought I would be getting the Corsa made catback but from what i have heard from a guy at work is that Dodge only gives the Corsa Catback to the SRT models and R/Ts get the Borla Catback set up. Is this True if so i am gonna be pissed i wanted that no drone tech and from reading Corsa is the better. He also said that its the Touring version of the borla catback geesh its not gonna even sound good so i am worried. Does anyone know if there is truth to this. The part number i got from the dealer when they called today to say it was in was p9515959 I just can't see paying for a Borla touring catback cost installed at 1820.00 i could have just gone through them and got the Atak if that was the case.

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Borla was the manufacturer back when I got mine in 2010 and I did have some drone issues which either improved or I just got used to it. It is my understanding that Mopar P5155959 is made by Corsa, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
I'm not sure how Dodge does it. I ordered my Corsa Xtreme from a Vendor here for $1,129 with free shipping and no tax to front door. Took me about 2 hrs to install. Very, very happy with it on my 6-speed. Make sure you got the exhaust you wanted before they install it. Xtreme sounds bad ass !

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
The reality of it is if you like the Corsa exhaust you can most likely find it cheaper than the Mopar version as you are paying extra so it can say Mopar on it. I went with the Mopar exhaust on my R/T because at the time I bought my car they had a promotion where you could get $2,000 worth of free Mopar stuff when you bought a Challenger R/T.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I spoke to Borla directly two years ago and they did say they make the exhaust for the R/T. Hopefully it will sound ok, Drone for some of us is a really hard think to live with. You should ask to save your stock resonators. The mufflers will not give you any Drone. I have an 11 R/T Auto and just removed the mufflers and left the Rear Resonators. I love the sound, no Drone at any RPM.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
got the catback installed at the dealer it is corsa and it sounds good very good i took a vid posting the link so that you can view all i can say is its loud i had everyone on my block that was outside just looking at me as i filmed the vid very funny my neighbor has a 2014 camero ss my mopar exhaust killed his which is the flow masters. we had a rev off in my drive way killed it i will post that vid tomorrow as we are going to go at it again tomorrow. "Oh almost forgot no drone guys none what so ever this thing is aggressive sounding and inside its as sweet to the ears.

http://youtu.be/1z0581u1Wdw

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
That is the RSC technology. Corsa Xtreme isnt cheap, but that is why you spend the money. No Drone !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts