Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nearly 2 years ago I replaced my intake tube and silencer with a new Charger Clean Air Tube, and 6 mos ago removed the rear mufflers/resonators. In doing some 0-60 runs, I can consistentlyhit upper 4's to mid 5's. How does this compare to Mustangs and Camaros of similar HP and cost....

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,416 Posts
I think they will still be a tick faster because they both weigh less... 1/4 mile will be close... I am going to hit the track soon (I have done a few things) to see what it'll do... I can't get a very accurate 0-60 time do to wheel spin into 3rd gear.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat, 6 Speed Manual
1,103 Posts
As a previous owner of a 2013 Mustang GT six speed and a current 2012 RT auto, they are close. However an auto on auto or sixer on sixer the stang will run circles around the Challenger because they are pushing more more horse, lighter, and rev a lot higher. The new 5.0 is a great motor I was running about 13 flat and low 5's with my mustang at a mile high, and just a bit slower with my Challenger but it is so close that the driver would determine it. I would hit 64 mph in second gear at redline in my mustang so only one shift and a redline of 7000 rpm. The challenger looks so much better going down the 1/4 mile tho haha

My best were
Stang bests=13.1 and 5.3
Challenger=13.6 and 5.41

·
Registered
151 Posts
There are lots of videos of V6 Mustangs in stock form running low to mid 5s. I saw one that hit 5 seconds flat. He probably had ideal conditions. So I don't think you want to compare your car to a Mustang. Just drive it and enjoy it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts