Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to find the right exhaust, I'm looking for something really aggressive although I'm having trouble, I like the flow master outlaw series but I don't see many people that have them compared to some of the others out there. I'm looking for a loud and aggressive catback. If anyone wants to share what they are running to help me decide on something it'd be very much appreciated! I'm looking for feedback that doesn't pertain to resonator deletes, catless or straight pipes (NY has emissions so I'm stuck with that) But anyone who has headers and catted mids feel free or just a catback by itself. If you have videos please share!
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Borla ATAK is amazing.
There are tons of videos and even their own sales bit for the Challenger video doesn't do it justice. I've been in a car with one and it's awesome. Poke around here and you'll see lots of nods for it.You mentioned Flowmaster but
Corsa Xtreme, Solo, Hurst, and few others out there sound good as well.
I heard that the Hurst is made by Flowmaster.
The word out there is the ATAK and Xtreame have little to no drone compared to others.

·
Registered
207 Posts
When I went to the shop to ask about the BORLA Atak the sales guy warned me that "It's friggin LOUD". I told him to call me if he installs one again so I can hear one. I want loud but not annoying

·
Premium Member
11,989 Posts
The ATAK is louder than the S but it is nothing like some of the others out there....

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I have the Corsa Extreme. After seeing the videos, the Borla sounds better in my opinion. The advantage of the Corsa is less drone but you having a six speed that's less of a problem.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I know you said you didn't want to here it. But just wanted to share I have straight pipes and they sound great and I love them!!!!! just sharing sorry.

·
156 Posts
I have borla atak. Absolutely no drone. Nice rumble at idle. Cruising can barely hear it. But as soon as you give it any throttle man it comes alive. Full throttle, look out,sounds incredible!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think its pretty unanimous that Borla Atak is one of the best out there, gonna try and see if I can hear one in person, it does sounds really good. Thanks Everyone!

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I initially went with a resonator delete because there weren't many options I liked in 2010, and the 6 speed exhaust flows great from the factory.
After adding headers with high flow cats, cam, tune, and other mods it's almost too loud.
The drone only happens during cold start.
If you have an auto I'd get some type of chambered muffler to silence the MDS cylinder deactivation.

I couldn't see dropping $1000 on a catback as I'm happy with how mine sounds.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I have the Flowmaster Outlaw catback. Very aggressive sound. You can cruise through the neighborhood at 3am and not worry about waking the neighbors, but still have a nice deep throaty sound. But when you hit the skinny pedal, they are LOUD. On hard throttle they do have a very raspy sound which turns some people off. To me it reminds me of a dragster launching LOL

Backing out of my driveway- gives you an idea of the throaty sound

http://vid35.photobucket.com/albums/d169/N2rock/IMG_1118_zpsnb59cj02.mp4

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
16,941 Posts
Corsa Xtreme. Not cheap. Around $1,300 if you can catch it on sale with no tax and free shipping. Absolutely ZERO drone. RSC Technology, and it's made right here in Berea, OH USA. If you go cheap, expect annoying drone at certain RPM range. You only want to do this one and done. Do your homework before you jump the gun solely based on youtube videos. They are not effective in decision making.

·
John
456 Posts
I have the Borla Touring system on my R/T. It's more low-key than the ATAK, but it's perfect for me. Borla, like Corsa, is expensive, but I believe that you get what you pay for.

Good luck and let us know what route you wind up taking.

·
Premium Member
15,776 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
View attachment 96626
I'm looking to find the right exhaust, I'm looking for something really aggressive although I'm having trouble, I like the flow master outlaw series but I don't see many people that have them compared to some of the others out there. I'm looking for a loud and aggressive catback. If anyone wants to share what they are running to help me decide on something it'd be very much appreciated! I'm looking for feedback that doesn't pertain to resonator deletes, catless or straight pipes (NY has emissions so I'm stuck with that) But anyone who has headers and catted mids feel free or just a catback by itself. If you have videos please share!
Thanks!
I put the Borla S type on mine what sold me was the Quad tips And the sound is amazing not too aggressive.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts