Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to start another exhaust discussion and we can keep it short if need be .I have been searching threads.So can can we be clean mid mufflers are resonators and the pods on the end of the tail pipes are mufflers ? Or not? My 2015 rt auto i would like it to sound more muscle car like. Not loud or gurgle or tinty or Honda like. I want to loose no power what do ever.one day I may do a car back but for now I'd like to do it inexpensive as possible .I can do the owner myself.

·
Registered
941 Posts
The muffler is the one in middle of the car and the ones before the tips are the resonators designed to reduce or eliminate drone. Some have done mid muffler delete and left resonators on. If yours is anything like my 2009 auto r/t the mid muffler is absolutely huge. I went with a Magnaflow cat back system and ditched the factory exhaust. For me it sounds perfect, it doesn’t annoy the neighbors and doesn’t drone on the highway. I did shut the mds off with Diablo tuner.

Reactions: BAD GRANDPA

·
Registered
2020 Challenger SXT, Frostbite color, Driver Convience Pkg, Navigation and Sunroof.
87 Posts
Since the dawn of the V8 and RWD car; Exhaust Manifold/Headers...Head pipe....(Cats?)...Mid Pipe....Muffler....Tail Pipe/Resonator. And that's the way it is in all the exhaust system parts books at your auto parts store.
-John
AGREE TOTALLY..........

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,222 Posts
The muffler is the one in middle of the car and the ones before the tips are the resonators designed to reduce or eliminate drone. Some have done mid muffler delete and left resonators on. If yours is anything like my 2009 auto r/t the mid muffler is absolutely huge. I went with a Magnaflow cat back system and ditched the factory exhaust. For me it sounds perfect, it doesn’t annoy the neighbors and doesn’t drone on the highway. I did shut the mds off with Diablo tuner.
X2 with my 2010. Only difference is I went with the BORLA S-type cat back system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts