Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a set of look alike flowmasters installed by Lou's Custom Muffler and I am still a little frustrated on the sound side of the exhaust. These guys have been great with me. I not really looking for a performance boost, great if I get one but I want a real growl when I punch the throttle. I don't have the tools to do it myself. I may have asked this before but does anyone have any suggestions. The car sounded better with the resonators off but I couldn't get an inspection sticker. Am I better working from the headers back or just from the Cat back. Thanks everyone for the help.:smileup:

on another note, the Diablo 93 octane tune really opened this baby up, for me it was worth the expense to get the performance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I spent a lot of money on the Corsa extreme cat back because I was looking for something louder than stock. Unfortunately, I am a little disappointed in how quiet it is. It's awesome as far as no drone, but pretty quite.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I also read that the stock exhaust is made by Corsa, but it's the sport. If that's the case, then no wonder I saw no real advantage in power gain.

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
The stock exhaust isn't made by Corsa, but the Mopar performance (sport) one is.

I also had the Corsa Extreme but took it off after a few weeks due to the weak sound. I replaced it with the Zoomer's system which had the awesome sound I was looking for. :smileup:

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,639 Posts
The Borla sounds really good, plenty of growl.

·
Registered
56 Posts
After spending $1500 on it, I can't take it off. I called them and they recommended to take what they call the tunnel muffler off and replace with straight pipes. Since it's a manual I won't have a drone issue.

·
Registered
640 Posts
If you want a really nasty sounding system go with the Zoomers or the Borla Atak. I put the Borla Atak on my car about two months back and the sound continues to get better and better as it breaks in.

This may sound stupid but.....
If you haven't done this try it. Find a stretch of road and have somebody else drive by you a couple of times while you are outside the car. You will be surprised at how much more you may appreciate what you already have. A week after getting the Borla Atak which is Borla's most aggressive system, I knew I liked the new sound but wasn't sure it was as aggressive or loud as I was hoping. I had my wife do a couple passes in the car while I stood outside. When I heard what other people were hearing I was blown away.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
I have the Corsa Xtreme and love it. You would appreciate the no drone technology. It may not be the loudest out there but it sounds aggressive enough for what I want.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Help me understand something. Why would removal of resonators cause an inspection failure. My understanding is that resonators are not part of emissions requirements and are only for sound tuning. So as long as you have the cats and muffler, and as long as the straight pipe replacement of the resos doesnt exceed decibel thresholds (which it shouldnt come anywhere near doing) resonator removal should not have any impact on inspections, unless you simply removed them and didnt extend the shortened pipe with extensions so it protruded at least past the rear wheels or the rear bumper fascia.

Is NH doing something other states are not?

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
Help me understand something. Why would removal of resonators cause an inspection failure?
You're right, it shouldn't. :shakehead:

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Help me understand something. Why would removal of resonators cause an inspection failure. My understanding is that resonators are not part of emissions requirements and are only for sound tuning. So as long as you have the cats and muffler, and as long as the straight pipe replacement of the resos doesnt exceed decibel thresholds (which it shouldnt come anywhere near doing) resonator removal should not have any impact on inspections, unless you simply removed them and didnt extend the shortened pipe with extensions so it protruded at least past the rear wheels or the rear bumper fascia.

Is NH doing something other states are not?
Thanks for saving me the post Andres...I was wondering when someone was going to notice the elephant in the room ...LOL

·
12,989 Posts
I have the Corsa Extreme, it may not be the loudest but you can definitely hear it roar in this track video that was taken last weekend.

Numidia video 6 22 14 006: http://youtu.be/Ik1jtNSZeEY

1 - 13 of 13 Posts