Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions! I have a new project and I’m looking to delete my mid mufflers or resonators on my 13 SRT8 6 speed just for a better sound till I purchase a full exhaust. Which do you recommend for better exhaust note? Any check engine light issues? Bad drone? I would imagine I probably won’t see any performance gain but I’m just looking to improve sound for the time being. Completely bone stock 13 SRT8 with 22k miles. Please chime in!

thanks!

·
Mr. Bill
2,926 Posts
Go with the mid deletes as an interim measure. Slight drone with improve exhaust note. Leave the resonators on for the time being. Start saving some big cash for a full system replacement. Have fun modding. (y)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go with the mid deletes as an interim measure. Slight drone with improve exhaust note. Leave the resonators on for the time being. Start saving some big cash for a full system replacement. Have fun modding. (y)
I have a complete Corsa exhaust already. I’m in the process of purchasing my Hellion twin kit now. Just looking to improve the sound till I can install my twins kit. Is the exhaust not noticeably better? I’m looking for more growl not a raspy sound.

Thank you for the advice!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dynomax 24250
I just installed the mini Dynomax race bullets. Still really quite, but did notice some change in exhaust note. Little more of a deeper sound. If I remove my resonators will it sound horrible?

thanks

·
Enjoying the ride !
1,254 Posts
I would leave the resonators for now & let the Dynomax race bullets break in they really sound good especially when you get on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts