Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to change the stock exhaust tips on my 2012 R/T classic to something a little flashier looking - dual tips and chrome preferred. Round or rectangular. But the Mopar tips are around $200 bucks when I know that other places have them for much less. Any suggestions? Also, what is the inlet size that I need to be looking for? Lastly, how much room (width) do I have to work with or does that not matter? I'll post this in appearances section, too, since it is more looks than peformance. Thanks

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
Unless you want to cut the pipes, stick with the Mopar quads. They fit perfectly. They are pricey, but worth it IMO. Sometimes you can find someone selling used ones too. Look around. :4-wavey:

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
I have seen the Mopar quad exhaust tips for as little as $180 on eBay and that price includes free shipping. At least with Mopar products you know that they will fit right. I have them on my Challenger and they look great.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,539 Posts
I agree with the upper two posts about the Mopar tips. They are top notch and fit well.

But, if the budget doesn't allow that, try Goggling. But do your homework with measuring.

BTW, Magnaflow or Flowmaster tips will cost you more than the Mopars.

Reactions: wyo.hemi

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
Check the "for sale" forum here, and on ChargerForumz. There's a lot of members constantly upgrading their exhaust systems and Mopar Quads usually sell used for between $125-$150.

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for everyone's advice. I listened and just picked up my Mopar quads today. Know the parts manager and he knocked $25 off so I'm happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts