Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Widebody Scatpack 6 Sp.
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, for those of you that have decided to expel at least the front of your vehicle including the hood are you glad you did. More importantly for those who decided not to Xpel ,have you experienced problem areas with rock chips. On the fence about expelling the front clip front fenders and Hood I have a wide body so are there other problem areas that I may need to pay attention or should I spend my money elsewhere on the vehicle.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ugh, do I want to re-live this? Xpel on the entire car, double Xpel 10" up from the rockers, matte Xpel on the rear spoiler, Modesta ceramic coating on the entire car (including rims) and GlassParency was about $9K.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ugh, do I want to re-live this? Xpel on the entire car, double Xpel 10" up from the rockers, matte Xpel on the rear spoiler, Modesta ceramic coating on the entire car (including rims) and GlassParency was about $9K.
😱

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
I believe I am living on borrowed time because over the last 11 years I have not used any clear bra materials on my Challenger. I did use a car Bra for a while. The tension from the straps seemed to deform the facia area that abuts the hood.
I believe that, should I ever decide to get the clear bra material for my Challenger, I will concentrate on the front facia.
I do not have rock chips because of my splash guards. Since my tires do not extend beyond the body I don't have fender flares. If I did have fender flares I would protect them as well.
Just Sayin'.

Reactions: Keylime

·
Registered
49 Posts
i did xpel on the entire front clip and the rear flares, it was around 2k for the job, so far im happy with it and thinking i may add some more next year

·
Registered
344 Posts
Holy crap... 9K. you can repaint the entire car twice for that.
Maybe with rollers and can. Originally I got the front clip done but when I get it back it looked so good I had to get the rest of the car done. I also upped the agreed value insurance policy to include the cost of Xpel just in case something happens. But that's what Chicagoland pricing is. And this is a quality shop, Xpel certified and a lot of high end work, they had a TRX and a new Corvette in the shop at the same time as mone.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Folling up,I decided to get the entire front clip done for $2K

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
get the rear flares done too or you will regret it. the tires on these cars throw up a bunch of debris.
Yes I thought about that and when I picked up the car I made another appointment to bring the car back and get the rear flares and door handles done thanks for your advice

·
Registered
245 Posts
X2 on the rear flares. As soon as I brought my WBSP home November of 2018 I added some mud flaps but within a few weeks my rear flares were absolutely sand blasted. Fast forward to last summer and I hit a deer causing about 11K worth of damage. While the shop was repairing the front end I had them remove the rear flares and repaint them. I then took the car to my local detailer and had the xpel clear shield applied to the rear flares and had the car ceramic coated. Money very well spent.

Reactions: Keylime

·
Registered
49 Posts
i trailered mine to the Xpel shop with 30 miles on it added the xpel and then swaim rock guards and zl1 side splitters and so far so good with there being no chips after 1500 miles, ir none that my old eyes can see

1 - 15 of 15 Posts