Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the barcode sticker on the left valve cover have any relevance as to mfg date or where built? I was reading about the 3.6 tick thread and everyone says their car built in 11, but mfg of the car does not mean engine build date, just curious if their is a way to determine when engine was assembled?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
There is a sticker on the inside of your door, looks like this:

Mine says build date Jan 13 at the top, and bottom right Made In Canada, eh!

Hope that helps :smileup:

I should read better, as far as engine build... no idea! Hope you find out!

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,033 Posts
Yes, my car build date was Oct,10, 6pm. but just wondering if they put a build date on engine somewhere?
The engine was manufactured separately in Saltillo, Mexico, so your line of reasoning has merit. My guess is that the engine build date is probably encoded (not a traditional date format like mm/dd/yyyy) and is probably in an area of the engine that would be inaccessible to most folks. Next time you have your Challenger in for service, ask your mechanic or service manager where that information would be on the engine.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,033 Posts
Sorry...
My misread...
I now that the Hemi's are manufactured in Saltillo. I don't know where the Pentastars are built.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I did some searching and on another forum, they show the date of mfg hand written right behind the harmonic balanecer so to see it I will have to remove the bottom cover, seems weird they would hand write the date???

·
Registered
209 Posts
The engine was manufactured separately in Saltillo, Mexico, so your line of reasoning has merit. My guess is that the engine build date is probably encoded (not a traditional date format like mm/dd/yyyy) and is probably in an area of the engine that would be inaccessible to most folks. Next time you have your Challenger in for service, ask your mechanic or service manager where that information would be on the engine.
Pentastar is made in Trenton, Michigan and Saltillo, Mexico while machining for many parts is done in Toledo, Ohio.

http://www.pentastars.com/engines/production.php

Reactions: ninjadave
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.